Fox25 - Cops: Man used fake ID for ammo, guns

Didn't our state courts just rule that the mere possesion of a gun is just an administrative infraction? Someone should tell the people who enforce the laws what the people who interpret them think.

namedpipes, it wouldn't surprise me to learn that this guy was a terrorist stockpiling arms or to learn that he was an honest guy who made an honest mistake. Yup, there's a myriad of laws that we gun owners need to learn and follow, especially when it comes to moving to/travelling to another state. But most gun owning people in Free America wouldn't ever imagine that someone without a record couldn't legally keep guns and ammo in their house without a permit.

What's missing from this story?

Missing: Where, exactly, did he get the three guns he supposedly used a fake ID to purchase?

What's missing is the federal charge for smuggling ammunition out of the country. I'm sure there's some kind of permit needed for bulk exports.

Or, if they could prove the $25k wasn't declared on one of his trips.

What's missing is the federal charge for smuggling ammunition out of the country. I'm sure there's some kind of permit needed for bulk exports.

Or, if they could prove the $25k wasn't declared on one of his trips.

He might not have gotten to that point.

Can't exactly bag someone for a crime they haven't committed yet, although
the government would love to figure out how to do that on a regular basis.

-Mike

He might not have gotten to that point.

Can't exactly bag someone for a crime they haven't committed yet, although
the government would love to figure out how to do that on a regular basis.

Maybe he'll have loose lips and a guilty conscience. [laugh]

Back
Top Bottom