• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Four States in Northeast US Sign Pact to Share Data on Guns

I guess they don't realize there is already a system to trace guns that were used in crimes? Or maybe they are just padding some cousin's kids college fund?
More six figure jobs with fat pensions for devoted acolytes who work on political campaigns sprinkled with some diversity hires. If you think for one second that these four states won’t be trading CCW databases and then leaking them to Bloomberg groups well I have a slightly used bridge for sale.

It will not work.

SC admitted defeat not long ago on the project they were working on of firing guns and keeping the casings to check against future crimes.

This is just sharing data, which means some other State would somehow need to arrest someone that has a gun and match the ballistics of the gun to whatever the other agency shared.

Will not work.

It seems they are sharing data on gun trafficers that would normally stay in the state of purchase.

And this, children, is the reason why registration and national reciprocity is a shite idea. You MA guys constantly whining about that need to pay attention here.

Sounds basically like the beginning of a national gun registry to me. The communists in NY get to see all gun data (presumably all registered firearm owners as well) from PA and the other states involved?

Wow, the paranoia is strong today. Here’s the actual agreement: https://portal.ct.gov/-/media/Office-of-the-Governor/News/2021/20211007-multistate-gun-mou.pdf

It is just a way around this ATF in-state rule:

“ATF maintains a Collective Data Sharing Program that allows participating state and local law enforcement agencies to access the eTrace reports provided to all participating agencies within their state, but does not enable those law enforcement agencies to access the eTrace reports provided to participating agencies in other states;”

This is all that it requires. Sharing of gun traces:

“Each Party shall transmit its crime gun data, with the exception of traces that have been designated priority and/or sensitive, to the other Parties' law enforcement agencies via a mutually-agreed upon secure transmission method on a regular basis”

Nothing about sharing CCW permits or shell casings or registered guns or anything. At least not yet. Why would NJ share CCW permit data, 95% of those people are government officials?

Last edited:
Wow, the paranoia is strong today. Here’s the actual agreement: https://portal.ct.gov/-/media/Office-of-the-Governor/News/2021/20211007-multistate-gun-mou.pdf

It is just a way around this ATF in-state rule:

“ATF maintains a Collective Data Sharing Program that allows participating state and local law enforcement agencies to access the eTrace reports provided to all participating agencies within their state, but does not enable those law enforcement agencies to access the eTrace reports provided to participating agencies in other states;”

This is all that it requires. Sharing of gun traces:

“Each Party shall transmit its crime gun data, with the exception of traces that have been designated priority and/or sensitive, to the other Parties' law enforcement agencies via a mutually-agreed upon secure transmission method on a regular basis”

Nothing about sharing CCW permits or shell casings or registered guns or anything. At least not yet. Why would NJ share CCW permit data, 95% of those people are government officials?
I'm sure you are right.
The government has never misused data it has collected.

It will not work.

SC admitted defeat not long ago on the project they were working on of firing guns and keeping the casings to check against future crimes.

This is just sharing data, which means some other State would somehow need to arrest someone that has a gun and match the ballistics of the gun to whatever the other agency shared.

Will not work.

How much would you wager that these states would trade all legal permitted gun owners with each other? You know just in case, think of the children, it's for a public health crisis, etc etc etc. Because I'm willing to bet that they would do it and even if they were sued and lost they would still do it anyways because they don't care even if it's a failed venture. Eventually some foaming at the mouth anti- will get the owners list and email the whole thing to a Bloomberg group and bad things will happen then.

Four States in Northeast US Sign Pact to Share Data on Guns​

I'm always looking for more Gun Data...

Maybe we can turn this into a great resource?

You know, 9mm or .45?
Shield or Glock?
1:9 twist or 1:7?
.223 or 5.56?
Pre-ban magazine sources...

If we get a contact phone number, I say we flood it with calls for "Gun Data"...

You know, 9mm or .45?
Shield or Glock?
.223 or 5.56?
"ATF Hotline - what is your question?
Can you recommend a good single malt to go with a Cohiba and a 1911?"

You know, 9mm or .45?
Shield or Glock?
.223 or 5.56?

If we get a contact phone number, I say we flood it with calls for "Gun Data"...
I was hoping it was for a group buy 😃

You know, 9mm or .45?
Shield or Glock?
.223 or 5.56?

This is problematic. They would never allow discrimination, which outing Fortay owner definitely is. They have rights too, dontcha know!

Back
Top Bottom