• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Four Seasons has the M&P 2.0

Smith & Wesson Shield 2.0 and M&P 2.0 pistols

NEW! Shield 2.0 9mm with thumb safety NEW!

dac-dk0vpVMDnwT9yWDR8k13NudjdV_7Wo78YZEJ3-WXf-Bxrm4P7zXaRVacP5i_Z7sIrzIxuZIradohbK2mckjBr5BSG-Tx1jM21qV6auenEt5c7Mo_UI0wjkZzinCVFHfCDNljFWrJYSVMCvkMH-uMcJ_bj0Ups7T_vlM=s0-d-e1-ft

The first shipment of Smith & Wesson
Shield 2.0 and M&P 2.0 pistols has arrived!
Stop by the shop and check them out.
NEW! M&P 2.0 9mm NEW!

Last edited by a moderator:
FYI i've heard some problems with the 2.0 QC including with several instances of barrel lugs separating. I'm interesting in the gun but not in a rush to discover first run manufacturing quirks.

FYI i've heard some problems with the 2.0 QC including with several instances of barrel lugs separating. I'm interesting in the gun but not in a rush to discover first run manufacturing quirks.

IDK , They've been pumping them out for a year and the MA version would be recent manufacture with no changes to barrel design. My 2.0, free state version, has had no issues however I will admit it has not been shot a lot.

IDK , They've been pumping them out for a year and the MA version would be recent manufacture with no changes to barrel design. My 2.0, free state version, has had no issues however I will admit it has not been shot a lot.
I agree. Any mechanical device can fail and these could be flukes. I personally don't think a year of production is very long in gun terms and within 1-2 years you start seeing the material problems that might have been in the early models as the round count starts to stack up into +2000-4000 range. This is like the 60,000-80,000 mile mark for a car.
I will pick one up at some point, but probably a compact.

This is the image I saw that stuck in my head via MAC's instagram, this is a 3000 round gun:
25022772_943320692498602_7522766842511753216_n.jpg

View: https://www.instagram.com/p/BddMEMHAd20/?hl=en&taken-by=militaryarms

Last edited:
I've never seen a pistol barrel made but I was under the assumption they were generally one piece. That separation is so clean it had to be two pieces that were what I would assume welded together. I'll have to go look at a few of my own pistols now.

That's a very clean break. I'd go with flaw in the metal. Or a very specific type of stress fracture. Electron microscope with xrd would work wonders here.

Seems like either an intrinsic material flaw or improper hardening. Might be be a one in a million variation that could not have been detected or prevented.
Or it could be a process flaw that you wouldnt see until the round count starts piling up. This is a very common kind of problem with generational changes. Same reason I wont run out and buy a Sig P365 for at least 9-18 months after they hit the streets. I am shiny-gun-whore, but I buy guns to shoot and don't have any interest in being on the "beta-team". :D

I've never seen a pistol barrel made but I was under the assumption they were generally one piece. That separation is so clean it had to be two pieces that were what I would assume welded together. I'll have to go look at a few of my own pistols now.

I have, I make a few hundred a night.

It's all one piece, it's milled from a single piece of bar stock on a 5 Axis CNC lathe.

I have, I make a few hundred a night.

It's all one piece, it's milled from a single piece of bar stock on a 5 Axis CNC lathe.
Thanks that's what I figured. That's one hell of a clean break on there. It definitely looks like there's tool marks on the barrel where it's broken.

Is Four Seasons too cheap to pay $100 to advertise here?
They don't need to advertise here. Four seasons is the Wal Mart of mass gun shops. Don't believe me? Go there on a Saturday and take a number.

A Smith and Wesson gun failing... say it ain't so.... that's so unexpected. [thinking] I've owned a lot of guns. A few had problems. Of the ones that had problems they all had the Smith and Wesson name on them.

Been done with the brand for a while.

Back
Top Bottom