Found this on Craigslist posted by a CT citizen

the_shootist

Banned
It just about says it all...

Why do I carry a gun?

Why do you have car insurance?
Are you expecting your car to be stolen?

Why do you wear a seatbelt?
Are you expecting to be thrown through your windshield?

Why do you have a fire extinguisher in your home?
Are you expecting it to burn down?

I know this article is going to stir up some emotions. I welcome all responses as long as you make an intelligent argument AND remain respectful.

I carry a firearm at almost all times. I have never had to unholster my firearm in anger toward a human being and I pray to God the day never comes that I am forced to. I am very proficient in the use of my tool and I consider myself to be a master of a trade. If God forbid a madman opens fire in a shopping mall and you happened to be there, I would instantly become your best friend. If I were on a college campus and a psychotic woman went on a shooting spree. I would stand fast and know I have the presents of mind to neutralize the situation. Guns will always be around. There is no changing that. I carry a gun because I know there are monsters out there. There are many people that are out there that should not have guns and do. The people who go through the trouble to own firearms legally should be embraced and not punished.

I love God.
I love Mankind.
I carry a gun.

Seems like a bit of chest pounding imo. Kind of unnecessary if you ask me but then again, no one asked me LOL

I agree with his statements 100% and I even feel the same way but I don't see the point of posting it on craigslist.

Seems like a bit of chest pounding imo. Kind of unnecessary if you ask me but then again, no one asked me LOL

I agree with his statements 100% and I even feel the same way but I don't see the point of posting it on craigslist.

Lots of anti gun posts on CL so this was his way of responding to some of it

At least the poster is trying to do something to stand up for our collective rights.

Lots of anti gun posts on CL so this was his way of responding to some of it

Granted, that's the part I don't know. I have never read any as I do not spend anytime on craigslist.

Again, I don't disagree at all with his comments. I just thought at first glance it appeared to be a bit of a chest pound.

Back
Top Bottom