• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Fort Dix, NJ .50 cal

Fort Dix,

After lengthy discussions and meetings with personnel at Fort Dix here is where we are.
1st response..........NO
2nd response..........Hell No
3rd response...........Sorry, but NO
4th response...........We do not allow civilians here
5th response......after reading them from the good book....Army Regs. ......I see NO reason that you cannot shoot here, I will run it by the base Commander for you to see if we can get your license approved.

I should have an answer by Jan. 8, 2008 We do have good folks there working towards our goals. We just have to side step those who do not have the knowledge we seek.

Never give up! Never accept failure as an answer. There is always a way to achieve your goals. The rewards at the end are sweeter.

Nick Mullet
[email protected]

Are you talking about shooting a 50BMG on Range 14? One of my former patrol officers is a Marine Instructor who uses the ranges at Dix quite often. He would probably know the civilian restrictions, if any.

I've shot the Browning M2 on their ranges. That wasn't a problem although it wasn't Range 14.

It is not the 200 yard range, it is the one with the pull targets we are working on getting.

northcoastshooters.com

Nick

I'll be the one to throw that monkey wrench in and I am guessing if you get turned down it will be because Dix is being used for troops heading to the sandbox. They are training there. Son mob'd out of there when he and his unit went over.

Actually the range I have requested is not in heavy demand. Mob will not be an issue according to the present and past demand of the 600 yard range.

Nick

Folks,

I recieved a phone call from Fort Dix, NJ today. We have been signed off on. Which means we now have the go ahead for a 500 yard match at Fort Dix. I will keep you folks posted as this unfolds and we get our Commanders license and dates.

Nick

Back
Top Bottom