1. If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

2. Dismiss Notice

Force On Force Training

Discussion in 'Training' started by Optimistic Paranoid, Mar 25, 2006.

1. Optimistic Paranoid

Optimistic Paranoid

I see that James Yeager of TACTICAL RESPONSE
    (Been written up a bunch of times in SWAT magazine)
    has scheduled their Force On Force classes in the Bronx towards the end of June.

Descriptions are as follows:

and

Details at:http://www.tacticalresponse.com/

Since they will be providing the special training guns, the problem of bringing your firearms into PDR of NY doesn't arise.

Regards
    John

2. Admin

Admin Staff Member Administrator Moderator NES Member

That sounds like a blast. [jihad]

3. Len-2A Training

Len-2A Training Instructor Instructor NES Life Member NES Member

I hear that the Bronx is a "target rich environment"! [shocked] [mg]

4. Optimistic Paranoid

Optimistic Paranoid

It's been said that a smart person is one who doesn't do stupid things, go to stupid places, or hang with stupid people.

You just know that any story that starts with: "My buddies heard about this hot new club in the bad part of town, so we decided to go down there on Friday night and get wasted." ain't gonna end well.

I'm not completely convinced that any story that starts with: "I went to the Bronx and left my pistol home" ain't in the same category.

Wonder if the powers-that-be here could look into bringing these guys to NH in Ought-seven?

Regards
    John

5. JimConway

JimConway Instructor

Force on Force

Why go to the Bronx when you can attend Gabe Suarez's force on Force class in July in Littleton, MA?

6. Len-2A Training

Jim, yes but Littleton, MA is just NOT a "target rich environment"!! [devil]

Perhaps they are using real, moving targets that shoot back in the Bronx for this course?[devil2]

7. Jaxon

Jaxon

Info please?

RJ

8. Admin

Admin Staff Member Administrator Moderator NES Member

9. Jaxon

Jaxon

10. SiameseRat

SiameseRat

sounds fun

11. wilkinshire

wilkinshire

On the border between NY and VT for the rest of th
    Because Yeager is better.

12. Len-2A Training

I don't know James Yaeger's background, but having taken two courses with Gabe Suarez, I can tell you that you wouldn't be disappointed if you took his course. I have no doubt that you would learn a lot . . . he's BTDT for keeps!

13. Optimistic Paranoid

Optimistic Paranoid

Uh, Len, this is not a shot at Suarez particularly. I've never done a course with him, but I've enjoyed his some of his books.

I got taken to task once by an elderly neighbor of mine, who told me that I was an idiot. Well, much of my family shares that particular opinion, so that didn't particularly bother me. But he was yelling at me for my two handed shooting technique. Not because I was shooting Weaver, and he believed in Isocoles, or vice versa. Because I wasn't shooting one handed.

Oh, did I mention that he was Finnish, and had survived six years of fighting on the Eastern front?

In spite of the fact that he had BTDT out the ying yang, I am not about to start using a Luger, 9mm ball, or shooting one-handed, all of which he recomended to me.

So I no longer take BTDT as being such an important proof that the guy knows what he's doing.

Regards
    John

14. Len-2A Training

Someone (not you) stated that Yeager is better! I know of Chuck Yeager and can assume that this is his Son, but I know nothing further about him, his qualifications, etc.

I have taken Suarez's courses and he is coming to the MA/NH area this Summer, so IF APPROPRIATE (some of his courses are IMNSHO too advanced for some folks that don't have experience shooting and reloading on the move), he is definitely worth considering.

Taking a defensive shooting course in the Bronx or even going there is not something that would be high on my list of "to dos", least of all unarmed (as non-residents must be).

So, please tell us something about Yeager's experience/expertise as a trainer? He may well be excellent, so if someone knows something about him and his training please share it here.

15. Optimistic Paranoid

Optimistic Paranoid

First, understand that I am NOT recomending Yeager over Suarez, or vice versa. I simply try to keep track or whatever interesting training is going on within a reasonable driving distance of where I live.

If I post about it here, it's simply to share that info, NOT necessarily to recomend the course. If I've TAKEN a course with a particular trainer, I will say so, and say that I personally recomend it, or him, as the case may be. For whatever weight people may give that, considering that no one here really knows me personally.

Here's Yeager's bio:
    http://www.tacticalresponse.com/instructors/jamesyeager.php

Here's the Tactical Response main page:

http://www.tacticalresponse.com

Let's note that they apparently have a LOT of instructors of various backgrounds, SWAT, Navy SEALS, etc., and Yeager himself may or may not be in the Bronx to teach THIS particular class.

Apparently Suarez himself teaches all of his own classes, just like Ayoob, Farnam, and Awerback.

Chuck Taylor, otoh, teaches only the ADVANCED classes, and has assistant instructors authorized to teach the basic and intermediate levels of his courses. Frank Cornwall of DEFENSE ASSOCIATES in CT is one such.

Finally, as for the Bronx vs Littleton MA thing, well, one date may work for your schedule and not the other, or vice versa.

I agree that FoF training is not for newbies, but does appear to be the next step once you feel you have mastered the basics, and I am personally looking forward to taking some such course in the not-too-distant future.

Might even be Suarez, might even be MA.

Regards
    John