For guys who have done FTF sales in MA

Find the most remote dark alley, preferably one that that isn't in the worst part of town. Wait for a cold, rainy, windy night when its unfit out for man or beast, have transportation gassed up and fluids checked, have three back up handguns and maybe a shotgun loaded with 00 buckshot and slugs ready for deployment, if possible have a second vehicle with at least one trusted friend keeping watch over the area incase you're being set up.

Speak only in code( Navajo is the one that proved to be most beneficial in WWII) and in a low muffled voice with poor articulation and with a hand in front of your mouth so a lip reader with a telescope or telephoto lens can't see your mouth to translate what you are saying. Also use a fake accent especially if you're from New York, New Yorkers can be picked out of a large crowd like a 100,000 watt beacon in total darkness. Try to speak like a mix of Wisconsin and Philly, they won't know whether to shit or go blind when they hear it.

Make sure nobody follows you to the meet up site, this can be accomplished by driving around in several directions well prior to the scheduled meet, and also entering and exiting limited access highways and taking randome turns down unlit or poorly lit roads, killing your lights and watching for any followers. Oh and it helps to have a switch installed on your brakelight so you can apply the brakes without the lights lighting up the entire neighborhood.

Once you make contact, never let your eyes rest and keep looking around in every direction for any sign that the other party was followed. Make sure they brought cash and its not in fake fifty's and hundreds that they just ran off on their laser printer a half hour ago, using paper they stole from the office at work or from the nearest Staples or Office Depot.

Count the money twice and stuff it in a front pocket so you won't lose it if you have to bug out of the location under withering gun fire. Oh and make sure you've got a lighter, a pack of smokes, a small flashlight with fresh batteries and some change to use a phone.....oh that right, there are no more pay phones.....skip the change then, unless you want to use it dropping it on the floor as a diversion as you draw down on some unscrupulous character that trying to dis you.

Other than that, communicate with the buyer, do the E-FA-10, count your cash and wish the buyer a good day.[smile]

Oh and welcome to the board....I think.[wink]

And be damn sure they are Newports...

Just curious, been seeing a lot of recommendations for the eFA-10. Has the security/bugs in that been improved yet? I remember there was a lot of backlash against it when it came out. I don't do many FTFs and still have some real FA-10s.

Ended up selling a S&W 1911 E series to a very nice NES member. Did the E FA-10 via Dunkin Donuts wifi. Thanks!

If I'm the seller, typically I print out two copies of the PDF version, usually with the seller and gun info sections already typed in. I have the buyer fill out one copy, and I give them a second copy for their records. Then when I get home I transcribe the info into the e-FA-10 online.

Other option is bring a laptop with a wireless device, or do the transaction somewhere with wi-fi (Panera parking lot).

I REALLY wish the MRA would allow members to access the club's wi-fi, but I've been told by the board that it's for board members only. Typical of that club...

Back
Top Bottom