Fixin' up and old Daisy

I talked to Ron at Bucky's in FLA about my Grand dads old Daisy Model 25 BB gun some years ago. Well I finally decided to have him fix it. Guess what, he no longer does repairs, just parts. Well my gun is a 1947..1950 vintage (Plymouth Mich.) and has leather seals. He's sending me all the new parts I need w/ rubber seals and I have to cut 1 spring(a new one) to make it work w/ the rubber seals. Great old Daisy. It will be nice to have her shoot again.

Cool. We have a couple of the modern ones a buck and a red ryder. As simple and low powered as they are it is the only thing my wife will go out of her way to shoot. Hang an empty can from a tree and shoot until it's cut in half. Takes awhile but with 400 BBs on tap what is the rush.

Those are good old Daisy rifles and I hope everything goes good for you. I had to get the parts to put the Anschutz LG250 match rifle back in shooting condition and it was fun but pricey. 30 year old rifle still shoots better than I can hold it! Your Daisy is good, cheap fun for the afternoon with a full load of BB's in it!.

Joe R>

There's nothing quite like being 8 years old or so, and sitting out back with a BB gun. You are the master of all you survey.

I bought my boy a Daisy when he was 6, and oh what a big deal that was. It was at a department store at the Worcester Galleria, I forget which one, and it took a half hour and I had to sign a statement about trigger locks and all kind of crap.

Whatever. 13 years later that Daisy Red Ryder is still resting beside the door, ready to spring into action any time a red squirrel stirs. [grin]

Back
Top Bottom