• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Fix a finish

My Kahr K9 has some field strip bruising and I'm wondering if the finish can be fixed. The info I can find online doesn't seem to fit this situation, but happy to be pointed in the right direction.

PXL_20211217_044652897.jpg

My Kahr K9 has some field strip bruising and I'm wondering if the finish can be fixed. The info I can find online doesn't seem to fit this situation, but happy to be pointed in the right direction.

View attachment 552975
Could always have the gun cerakoted. Northeast Arms on route 1 in Peabody does great cerakote work.
@sschevy

That doesn't look all the way threw, try a little flix polish just do it slow on one area.

Does rubbing gun oil on the marks do anything to help?
I've used it on parkerized finishes to help blemishes.

Last edited:
It's a kahr who cares. Like fixing the finish on a highpoint.
I certainly don't care about this 100lb hunk of steel.

I also didn't care about my wife's crappy hyundai, but I made it up really nice and sold it during a time when it's really hard to find cars, so I got much more out of it than the effort put in. The young buck who bought it was really happy too, because to him it wasn't a piece of crap, it was an expensive investment.

Does rubbing gun oil on the marks do anything to help?
I've used it on parkerized finishes to help blemishes.
Don't know yet, I'm starting from idiot level zero on finishes, which means I'm going to google parkerized now. Thanks for the reply.

I'd try something like Flitz or maybe even Mothers Mag & Aluminum polish. Any low-grit polishing compound. I'd put on a small dab on a pencil eraser and lightly polish it.

I certainly don't care about this 100lb hunk of steel.

I also didn't care about my wife's crappy hyundai, but I made it up really nice and sold it during a time when it's really hard to find cars, so I got much more out of it than the effort put in. The young buck who bought it was really happy too, because to him it wasn't a piece of crap, it was an expensive investment.
Merry Christmas

View attachment 552975
Just tell everyone its a custom done battle worn finish job. Done by the best and cost a lot to do.
It will be “cool”

Back
Top Bottom