fitchburg gun show

Yup, that's the guy. Others had the Nazi shit, only he had KKK belt buckles for sale. I know it's free speech and capitalism and all, but if I can lose him a few sales, well, that's capitalism and free speech too.

I always wonder about that guy. I get the Nazi paraphenalia (display with WWII era guns, antiques etc.) but I can't see any reason for wanting the KKK stuff, other than wanting to express racist and/or white supremicist sentiments. I've seen that D-Bag at all 3 shows I've been to this year, and each time I've felt kind of embarrassed. Lots of uninformed people have this incorrect idea that gun enthusiasts are red-necks/"gun-nuts"/racists/Nazis etc. and selling KKK stuff does nothing to break that negative stereotype. He has the right to sell it, but I wish he'd think about the message it sends.

If anyone goes today, could you get the name of the dealer who's near B5? They had a S&W 22a with glo-sights and it was marked $195 or $199.

Due to paying more for one with regular sights, I was in such a state I forget to grab his card. [thinking]

Thanks if you grab it...

As for the Nazi guy, I didn't see anyone looking at his stuff (other than the 2 second glance that is necessary to figure out the overall theme of his crap that he's selling and to then move on). So, that's a good sign though.

I noticed the jewelry chick, but then noticed it was jewelry she was selling, so I moved on. I didn't realize it was bullet jewelry... I would have stopped to have a closer look. Although, I don't think my wife wants bullet jewelry.

the majority of the Nazi stuff looked legit...I did not agree with the kkk stuff at all.
this was my first show and I was suprised at how fast some of the stuff went, one guy had about 4 sig 1911's early on...second time around (about 30 min later) they were gone

I almost bought some sort of bullet jewelry from that hot chick,because she was hot.

I didn't need it or want it,but she was so hot my brain disengaged and I found myself drooling and not thinking clearly.

LOL... That's the same reason I bought the cheese!

Ok, not really ;) I really like that jewelry- I'll have to pick up a necklace for myself eventually.

DAMN! Couldn't get to the show today. Ended up playing golf yesterday in RI with my brothers and I got back too late. I forgot that today was my wife's cousin's baby shower at my club. I was with my girls who needed naps, meal schedule etc. I was going to just bring them over but I didn't get a chance. Wife just got hom and now it is 2:20...

Doesn't sound like I missed a ton. I'm itching to by an AR, and I thought that this might have been a good venue to see some. With any luck, I'll get over to Zero Hour this week/weekend and find something.

I went today, Its pretty sad when 7.62x39 for $6 a box is a steal. I bought 25 boxes, a sling for my AK and a flashlight, oh yeah and 1 box of 30/30 for $14.00. I actually saw a WASR 10 for $999.00. Im figuring it must have been one of the rare ones that actually had a straight site block for that kind of cash LOL

I was at the show from 10:30 until about noon. The show was okay but given I've no idea on values I don't know if there were deals or not. It was cool to see all the different options out there and what's available. When my wife and I did our safety course she said she liked the Springfield 1873 trapdoor rifle they had on display, so I checked out a few of them. Going to have to save up a few pennies to get her one though [grin]. My buddy was looking for Hi Cap mags for his G22 but all anybody had were the 10 rounders. Other than that it was a decent experience for my first gun show.

I was at the show from 10:30 until about noon. The show was okay but given I've no idea on values I don't know if there were deals or not. It was cool to see all the different options out there and what's available. When my wife and I did our safety course she said she liked the Springfield 1873 trapdoor rifle they had on display, so I checked out a few of them. Going to have to save up a few pennies to get her one though [grin]. My buddy was looking for Hi Cap mags for his G22 but all anybody had were the 10 rounders. Other than that it was a decent experience for my first gun show.
You can let your buddy know that I have two 15rd pre-ban FML G22 mags for sale for $40/mag [wink]

Doesn't sound like I missed a ton. I'm itching to by an AR, and I thought that this might have been a good venue to see some. With any luck, I'll get over to Zero Hour this week/weekend and find something.

sure there were ARs but none at a fair price that i saw. most of them i saw were over $1500.

as the marlboro show there was a beat LAR-15 with the varminter upper or whatever it's called. it was going for a little under a grand and would have been good for someone who just wanted an AR immediately. you'd have all the parts and then could work around modifying it to be what you wanted it to be in a rifle.

I saw a couple of basic AR's in the $1100 range yesterday. I'm pretty sure that's as good as you'll get these days, so if you don't have one and need it, get it at that price. The days of the $800-$950 AR are over.

[sad]

Was there when they opened today, everyone seemed to have showered, light crowd, easy to get up to tables and look. Found small rifle primers @ 3 tables, got an 8# jug of Varget and a couple of boxes of old, still priced old 308 BTSP. I was pleased. Some vendors were complaining not enough people and others thought it was nice "the customers can actually get up to my table and see what I have for sale".

I'm itching to by an AR, and I thought that this might have been a good venue to see some. With any luck, I'll get over to Zero Hour this week/weekend and find something.

ZHA is a perfect place to scratch that itch. Early last week, they had 18 (I counted them) ARs hanging on pegs around the shop!

I saw a couple of basic AR's in the $1100 range yesterday. I'm pretty sure that's as good as you'll get these days, so if you don't have one and need it, get it at that price.

Many of the ones I saw at ZHA were in that range. I believe that some were pre-ban for not much more than that.

Saturday the had 7.62 for $190 / 500. Walked around and found two vendors with 7.62 for $5 a box. One was older (93) chinasports and russion commercial box lead soft point. The other had Wolf black box. Bought some and left at least a case between the two tables.
Everything seems to go up a few bucks between shows. Saw some 7.62 in blue boxes (privi??) that another guy wanted $190 for 10 boxes.
Med Eddie Coyle and said hello and looked with my son a bunch of beat up rifles with really high prices. CProducts mags for $20 (and a prison sentence). Picked up some of the Wolf primers as prep for ordering a Dillon shortly. Also saw .223 bullets at two tables for $40 a box.
About 5 or so dealers had ammo below their table unmarked or with small tags, all seemed to have better prices on ammo than the one big ammo table.

James your crazy!!! Smith Smokehouse from Maine is Awesome.. I have some venison from him, will stop by your work and you can try some.. You will wish you bought some of your own.. They were the best table there...[smile]

James your crazy!!! Smith Smokehouse from Maine is Awesome.. I have some venison from him, will stop by your work and you can try some.. You will wish you bought some of your own.. They were the best table there...[smile]

Well I've never turned down free food...

I thought that the show was pretty good for a first time venue. That may be because I scored a very good condition Spanish Civi War Mosin Nagant for a mere $75.

ID a dealer

Can anyone identify a dealer, some tables to the left of the GOAL table with a red cable wrapped around a round rifle rack?

I know it's a long shot but I thought I'd ask.

Thanks,
Bill

As for the Nazi guy, I didn't see anyone looking at his stuff (other than the 2 second glance that is necessary to figure out the overall theme of his crap that he's selling and to then move on). So, that's a good sign though.

I noticed the jewelry chick, but then noticed it was jewelry she was selling, so I moved on. I didn't realize it was bullet jewelry... I would have stopped to have a closer look. Although, I don't think my wife wants bullet jewelry.

"I hate Illinois Nazis" Jake Blues (John Belushi)

Back
Top Bottom