Fishing Permit MA

blindndead

NES Member
So I just got my MA fishing license and you would think as gullible as I am it would be a nice calm easy experience. Wrong again it's MA! so its $33 dollars to get your fishing licence as stated online ok fine. But wait they want more! don't forget $1.49 handling Charge and a 2.0% convenience fee. But the best part is the imaginary wildlands stamp fee $5.00. Grand total of $40.24
Oh yea I almost forgot its not even good for a full year! so don't think your going fishing early April of 2025 go pay again!!! F&(K!! off already. sorry just needed to vent. Here I'm thinking its something cheap we could get into this spring.

So I just got my MA fishing license and you would think as gullible as I am it would be a nice calm easy experience. Wrong again it's MA! so its $33 dollars to get your fishing licence as stated online ok fine. But wait they want more! don't forget $1.49 handling Charge and a 2.0% convenience fee. But the best part is the imaginary wildlands stamp fee $5.00. Grand total of $40.24
Oh yea I almost forgot its not even good for a full year! so don't think your going fishing early April of 2025 go pay again!!! F&(K!! off already. sorry just needed to vent. Here I'm thinking its something cheap we could get into this spring.
And you got this by just walking into your LGS, sporting store, convenience store, or town clerk? Right? [banghead]

Wow, I haven't got a fishing license in a while, I think last time I got one it was about $27 all in without any additional fees. Also never had to get a stamp for fishing, just for hunting.

The thing that makes me mad is I always have a fishing license and have been checked multiple times which is fine.
Last time epo checked me was taking kids fishing at local pond bobber and worms no problem I asked him why he didn’t check the bucket brigade that rolled out from the city and set up 30 yards away and may or may not have spoke english. He just looked annoyed at me for asking muttered something about too much of a hassle and went back to his truck and left.

I tell people that it’s the states upcharge for us doing all the data entry and work for them.

The thing that makes me mad is I always have a fishing license and have been checked multiple times which is fine.
Last time epo checked me was taking kids fishing at local pond bobber and worms no problem I asked him why he didn’t check the bucket brigade that rolled out from the city and set up 30 yards away and may or may not have spoke english. He just looked annoyed at me for asking muttered something about too much of a hassle and went back to his truck and left.
Because if you were in violation, he knows you'd pay your fine. Then renew next year.

When did they change the rules that you didn't have to show your permit while fishing? They probably did it so they can look the other way with the poachers.

Because if you were in violation, he knows you'd pay your fine. Then renew next year.
I am sure he knew I had a license
When did they change the rules that you didn't have to show your permit while fishing? They probably did it so they can look the
When did they change the rules that you didn't have to show your permit while fishing? They probably did it so they can look the other way with the poachers.
Not sure what year it changed growing up we always had them pinned to our hats

Do they even do that anymore?
No. Non internet option should be available somewhere. But the .gov would make it impossible to get to like registering boats and atvs in MA.
I am sure he knew I had a license
Yes, most likely, and then he moves on. But if he checked the others, he risks writing more than a ticket and opens a can of worms.

Do they even do that anymore?
I’m pretty sure Walmart and Cabelas still do it. They add on their administrative fee of $1.50 so it comes out to be slightly cheaper to do it online.

No. Non internet option should be available somewhere. But the .gov would make it impossible to get to like registering boats and atvs in MA.

Yes, most likely, and then he moves on. But if he checked the others, he risks writing more than a ticket and opens a can of worms.
Walmart does mass fishing and hunting licenses lol

I’m pretty sure Walmart and Cabelas still do it. They add on their administrative fee of $1.50 so it comes out to be slightly cheaper to do it online.
I know Walmart does them. If you have a kid that needs a hunting license you have to go to an agent the first time.....online is not an option for a minor because they need the signed permission letter from the parent. So you go to an agent and show them the letter and they process the license for the kid.....from then on you can do the kids online. I used Walmart for my son.

You think that's expensive? Try a non resident nh sporting license......costs me $157 every year. Worth every f***ing penny though cuz its a free state and I can hunt on Sundays. f*** mass.

I’ve seen this phenomenon myself. I was on a boat in Lake Chauncey in Westborough. Environmental came up. It’s wonderful how the water eliminates the fourth amendment isn’t it? So I asked him what about the people who are trespassing over there on the state hospital beach? We’re going to let them stay as a sign of goodwill. I think they be afraid of being called nazdy razzists.
Here we are with a registered boat doing everything perfectly legal and getting hassled. Meanwhile other people are blatantly trespassing on posted state property and all is well. Go figure.

Wow, I haven't got a fishing license in a while, I think last time I got one it was about $27 all in without any additional fees. Also never had to get a stamp for fishing, just for hunting.
The land stamp fee has been added to every (initial) license sold for years. Maybe 20+ at this point.

If you get a hunting license on January 1st you pay for the land stamp. If you then get a fishing license on March 1st, you don’t pay an extra $5, or whatever it is now. I’m not sure if the land stamp is part of the phased increases going on right now.

Likewise, if you get a fishing license in March and then hunting in October, you only pay one land stamp fee.

I’ve seen this phenomenon myself. I was on a boat in Lake Chauncey in Westborough. Environmental came up. It’s wonderful how the water eliminates the fourth amendment isn’t it? So I asked him what about the people who are trespassing over there on the state hospital beach? We’re going to let them stay as a sign of goodwill. I think they be afraid of being called nazdy razzists.
Here we are with a registered boat doing everything perfectly legal and getting hassled. Meanwhile other people are blatantly trespassing on posted state property and all is well. Go figure.

And they wonder why people have no respect for the law.

My last check by an EPO was during hunting season and they wanted to see my crossbow certification card. They had no idea it was printed on the license, and had been for years, I had to actually show them where it is printed on the license. 🙄

My last check by an EPO was during hunting season and they wanted to see my crossbow certification card. They had no idea it was printed on the license, and had been for years, I had to actually show them where it is printed on the license. 🙄
Shows like Northwoods law are pure comedy hour. Total fiction.
Mr. Nice Guy being like…Hey fellas catch anything? = let’s see if we can find a way to jam you up today

It was easier back when you were supposed to wear the license on your person. The fish cops would glance at it on the way past and shoot the shit with you for a bit. Now I have to dig out my phone, find where the license is, etc. no, I don’t have a printer.

I don’t really mind the $ because it’s my understanding it goes towards stocking, conservation, etc. I also get one every year even though I only wind up going out a handful of times.

I learned the hard way that it’s cheaper in the end to just render unto Ceaser that which is Ceasers.

I got checked ice fishing in January a few years back. I buy the sporting license which is hunting and fishing combined. He looked at my license which has the 2 buck tags on it and says "oh wow no deer this year"? I Saud "those are the tags for this fall". He says wait....what? I repeated....those are the tags for next fall...... he handed it back with a confused look on his face and says habe a good day.

🙄

Shows like Northwoods law are pure comedy hour. Total fiction.
Mr. Nice Guy being like…Hey fellas catch anything? = let’s see if we can find a way to jam you up today
I've had nothing but good experiences with nh co. Been checked many times and never had a problem. In fact my brother and I were in Whitefield nh ice fishjng.....long day started on the road at 2am. He had bought his fishing license the day before at a bait shop but left it on the kitchen table by accident. He told the co that. Co said I have no way to look you up in the system no service here.....took down all his driver license info and wrote his fax number down on a piece of paper. Said keep fisbing.....fax me a copy by noon tomorrow and we're good. If I don't get the fax I have all your info to issue a citation. I thought that was fair.

I've had nothing but good experiences with nh co. Been checked many times and never had a problem. In fact my brother and I were in Whitefield nh ice fishjng.....long day started on the road at 2am. He had bought his fishing license the day before at a bait shop but left it on the kitchen table by accident. He told the co that. Co said I have no way to look you up in the system no service here.....took down all his driver license info and wrote his fax number down on a piece of paper. Said keep fisbing.....fax me a copy by noon tomorrow and we're good. If I don't get the fax I have all your info to issue a citation. I thought that was fair.
I’ve been checked in thousand times and never had a problem because I do everything legally. That’s not the point.

Back
Top Bottom