"First Bird Hunting Season with a Dog"

I got say, I love that these guys at Project Upland exist. Yeah it might be a little over-romanticized, but who cares. A lot of work goes into these videos, their mag, and the book, and it moves the sport forward.

I got say, I love that these guys at Project Upland exist. Yeah it might be a little over-romanticized, but who cares. A lot of work goes into these videos, their mag, and the book, and it moves the sport forward.

Agreed 100%. I always enojoy their videos and look forward to new ones being released.

Thanks, I enjoyed that.
I pretty much agree with all that was said.
Any and all of my dogs shortcomings can be traced back to me, as training the dog trainer is the hardest part of the deal.
I'm fortunate to be on my third lifetime yellow lab and each of them have been great natural hunters. Our current dog is 8.5 years old and slowing down.
It's hard to think of starting a Fall bird season without him......

“It's hard to think of starting a Fall bird season without him......”

I agree with that statement. Six years ago I had to put down my Black Lab, Diesel at 12 years of age. Broke my heart. Could not talk about it for two years. I lost all desire to hunt, something I had done for 50 years. We now have a 6 month Black Lab named Tater but we will not be hunting. I always had a dog to take hunting so you are right, it would be hard to start the bird season without a dog.

Back
Top Bottom