First AR build - before I dive into reading 1705 threads, is there a short guide

sbi

anywhere someone can point me to for what is allowed/not allowed in our beloved state (MA)?

Thanks in advance.

Pinned/welded muzzle brake or compensator. No flash hider. No bayonet lug. No adjustable or folding stocks unless pinned.

None of this applies to a preban lower. [wink]

anywhere someone can point me to for what is allowed/not allowed in our beloved state (MA)?
Thanks in advance.

Canndo pretty much nailed it with this.

Pinned/welded muzzle brake or compensator. No flash hider. No bayonet lug. No adjustable or folding stocks unless pinned.

Since you are green you can get into the members section. There is a sticky with a guide to help putting things together.
http://www.northeastshooters.com/vbulletin/threads/202059-AR-Build-Documents-step-by-step-guide

Thanks! I am aware of Brownells videos and the other guides, but that's what I was looking for (MA specific).
So I can get any muzzle brake and have it pinned here in MA?

- - - Updated - - -

Canndo pretty much nailed it with this.

Since you are green you can get into the members section. There is a sticky with a guide to help putting things together.
http://www.northeastshooters.com/vbulletin/threads/202059-AR-Build-Documents-step-by-step-guide

Thank you!

Thanks! I am aware of Brownells videos and the other guides, but that's what I was looking for (MA specific).
So I can get any muzzle brake and have it pinned here in MA?

- - - Updated - - -

Thank you!
I would look at the Griffen Tactical comp. Best comp I've ever used and doesn't blast the hats off of people to either side of you.

http://aresarmor.com/store/Item/Muzzle_Ares_Breath

0ed963abf0ec6ef8664fc94682cd8d16.jpg

Basically, the muzzle has no threads.
ureqebe7.jpg
you can then switch out sights and handguards at will with out cutting or drilling out pinned brake.

If you cant afford several uppers at the same time you can easily switch out accessories, from like the rifle on the top

web_006.1JPG.jpg
to this by just changing the gas block and free float. I did this for a little while until I could afford to buy a upper receiver and barrel.

Last edited:
If you read the link they added pins to prevent that.
I followed a thread who used one on a form1 for a ak and it seemed to work ok.

Pins on the front don't stop a tube from sliding from the rear - cut the proper slots and the pins could be used to latch the tube in place.

[STRIKE=NM]Ben, what's that brake called? On phone and can't look it up.[/STRIKE]

Never mind, I am on a computer now and saw the link right above your photo. Neat item, I'd like to see it in action.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom