Firearms Seminar

Tommy Gun

NES Life Member
NES Member
I attended a Firearms Seminar put on by the ATF and DCJIS yesterday.

The ATF went over form 4473 in detail and then Attorney Jason Guida Director of Firearms Support Services spoke.

There was a Q&A at the end but I had enough and headed home. Some things I heard in the Q&A.

A dealer asked about someone that brought in an AK that they claimed was 2 years old with a 30 round clip but the dealer didn't know what to do with it because it must have been an assault weapon. Director Guida suggested that he sell it to someone out of State as that is what MA wants with all evil guns. Get them all out.
The dealer said clip, not me.

One thing did stand out, Director Guida said Cops can not get any firearm they wanted unless the department was going to be issuing them. That includes Assault Weapons.

If you want to start a Gun Store make sure it has it's own address and complies with all zoning.

I didn't get it all because that place gave me serious ADD and I may be wrong on what I'm saying so if in doubt cantact an attorney.

I did see many friends of NES there but I also noticed one that isn't liked very much.

Last edited:
more:

Frames and Receivers only need a 4473 and no FA10 until they are complete.

You ARE permitted to Build your own Firearm as long as it is not for realse. FA10 is required when completed. You have to comply with laws. You can not build a NFA weapon unless you pay the stamp.

There is much confusion among dealers on what they can and can not sell so if they sell you something that is not supposed to be sold it is on them and not you. YOU are permitted to have New Glocks but how you get them is up to you. FTF or a dealer that does transfer it to you is still on them and not you.

more as my brain allows.

Thanks so much for the report. I wish I could have attended. Anything else you recall please share.

Back
Top Bottom