Firearms Insurance - Easy and Inexpensive Policy for anyone with a collection!

Rockrivr1

NES Member
I've seen a number of posts about Firearm Insurance over the past few months and a couple recommendations from fellow NES'rs. I didn't have insurance on my collection and I decided it was time to get some. I started doing some searching here, which as you all know is not so easy anymore, and I found a few helpful posts with some contacts.

With that information I started doing some research. After making a few phone calls, comparing policies and matching up pricing it became fairly clear that there was one choice that stood out leaps and bounds above the rest. I chose a Historic Firearms, Collectibles and Sporting Arms Insurance Policy from One Beacon. One Beacon is actually headquartered out of Canton, MA, which is a plus. They have two types of policies. One is a blanket policy that covers all your firearms or they have a schedule policy where you list your firearms individually. You have to use the schedule if you have firearms worth $10K or more.

Because I don't have any firearms worth $10K (I only wish I did) I went with the blanket policy. For $125 a year I recieve $35K of blanket coverage with a $250 deductable. [shocked] That's several hundred dollars less then the NRA sponsored insurance. It covers any firearms and accessories. It covers them in your home, in your car, at the range and also if they are lost during transit if the airline loses them. Best part is that it took me less then 12 hours to set up my policy and it was in force that same day if you pay with a credit card.

I know this a plug, but if you're interested give Jack Richardson a call at 800-545-9326 X59398. His email is [email protected]. He's the VP in charge of the Firearms Insurance Program. Pretty good guy. He's an active shooter and also a reenactor who is participating this weekend in the one of the local musters.

LenS recommended him in one of his posts and I have to fully second that recommendation. The process couldn't of been easier.

Last time I looked into something like this, they wanted the serial numbers. I passed. Jack.

No Serial numbers needed. They didn't even ask for a list of what I have. They did recommend that I have that myself in case I do need to put in a claim. I already do have that together for myself.

I picked up a rider on my home owners insurance for firearms, and here's what they needed:

My declaration of the total estimated value of all of the items covered - Basically the maximum payout on the policy
A signed statement that I would maintain records of: Serial Numbers, Appraisals and Conditions of each covered item - If I don't have that documentation, the loss isn't covered.

As a result, I maintain a record of what I have (including photos, serial numbers, descriptions, accessories and appraisals) and only need to report it to them if I need to make a claim. If the insurance company has an issue with that, explain to them its for their protection such that if the government decided to begin confiscating firearms, they can't attempt to force the insurance company to provide a list of declared accesets if they don't have one. If that doens't work, take your business elsewhere, another company would love to have your money.

I've seen a number of posts about Firearm Insurance over the past few months and a couple recommendations from fellow NES'rs. I didn't have insurance on my collection and I decided it was time to get some. I started doing some searching here, which as you all know is not so easy anymore, and I found a few helpful posts with some contacts.

With that information I started doing some research. After making a few phone calls, comparing policies and matching up pricing it became fairly clear that there was one choice that stood out leaps and bounds above the rest. I chose a Historic Firearms, Collectibles and Sporting Arms Insurance Policy from One Beacon. One Beacon is actually headquartered out of Canton, MA, which is a plus. They have two types of policies. One is a blanket policy that covers all your firearms or they have a schedule policy where you list your firearms individually. You have to use the schedule if you have firearms worth $10K or more.

Because I don't have any firearms worth $10K (I only wish I did) I went with the blanket policy. For $125 a year I recieve $35K of blanket coverage with a $250 deductable. [shocked] That's several hundred dollars less then the NRA sponsored insurance. It covers any firearms and accessories. It covers them in your home, in your car, at the range and also if they are lost during transit if the airline loses them. Best part is that it took me less then 12 hours to set up my policy and it was in force that same day if you pay with a credit card.

I know this a plug, but if you're interested give Jack Richardson a call at 800-545-9326 X59398. His email is [email protected]. He's the VP in charge of the Firearms Insurance Program. Pretty good guy. He's an active shooter and also a reenactor who is participating this weekend in the one of the local musters.

LenS recommended him in one of his posts and I have to fully second that recommendation. The process couldn't of been easier.

Thanks for the plug! That's who I work for.

I have it. It is pretty straight forward but I thought the base was $25K for about that price. But keep a list of what you own with pics and serial numbers.

Back
Top Bottom