• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Firearms and chemicals found in CT home.

FAIRFIELD, Conn. (AP) — Police say explosive chemicals, jet fuel, nearly 200 firearms and thousands of rounds of ammunition have been found inside a home in Fairfield. WFSB-TV reports (bit.ly/1c7fqKH) that police received a call Tuesday night asking them to check on the homeowner because it was thought the house might have been burglarized.

When officers arrived, they found the explosives and firearms. Authorities have identified the homeowner as Joseph Callahan, whose hobby they say is rockets. It’s not known why he had the weapons and explosives.

Police valued the guns and ammunition at more than $100,000. On Wednesday evening, Callahan was still at a local hospital where police had taken him. Police say he could faces charges.[\QUOTE]
WGGB

my question is, say if he has a LTC and all firearms were all purchased legal, what kind of charges could he face??

There is so much fail in that report it's not even funny.

Lets see, his hobbie is rockets. I wonder WHY you would need explosive chemicals, jet fuel.
3k of ammo? That's nothing, that is a Saturday at the range (morning)

And why is this guy in the hospital? Did he get severed and protected?

So much fail.

Wow i think i would have to have a few safes in every room in my house to keep 200 guns, that is a serious collection.
It will be interesting to see where this goes. Could just be a totally legit guy who is hardcore into two hobbies and fell victim to the hyper-sensitive condition of CT right now.

FAIRFIELD, Conn. (AP) — Police say explosive chemicals, jet fuel, nearly 200 firearms and thousands of rounds of ammunition have been found inside a home in Fairfield. WFSB-TV reports (bit.ly/1c7fqKH) that police received a call Tuesday night asking them to check on the homeowner because it was thought the house might have been burglarized.

When officers arrived, they found the explosives and firearms. Authorities have identified the homeowner as Joseph Callahan, whose hobby they say is rockets. It’s not known why he had the weapons and explosives.

Police valued the guns and ammunition at more than $100,000. On Wednesday evening, Callahan was still at a local hospital where police had taken him. Police say he could faces charges.[\QUOTE]
WGGB

my question is, say if he has a LTC and all firearms were all purchased legal, what kind of charges could he face??

Even if he does not have any permits, thats ok..they were just in his home..

FAIRFIELD -- Those who have dealt with Joseph C. Callahan describe him as "a nice guy," "a community leader" and "someone always willing to help with business ideas or plans."

They say he's a chemist, a sportsman and a pilot.

And they say he isn't "a disgruntled employee," "a terrorist" or "anybody to worry about."

That explains the chemicals, jet fuel and firearms.. the same report says that he worked for Remington for years as well.
Man found with cache of guns, explosives - Connecticut Post

his home has an estimated worth of $1.2mm and he's current on his $22,000 a year property tax bill.
Sounds like he's just a guy that's made a few bucks (in the field of Chemistry) and enjoys shooting and flying

nothing to see here, please give this man back his shit and focus on real crime

edit: after reading up on his company, he specializes in nitrogen-based chemicals and processes, high-energy chemicals, rocket motors and ignition methods. I bet this is what they are calling bombs

Last edited:
Jet fuel, jet fuel... Hmmmm isn't there another name for that......

Oh right, KEROSENE.

My grandfather had a 275gal tank filled with "jet fuel" all the time. He used kerosene heaters to warm his house for 20 years. I can't believe I didn't realize he was actually a terrorist!!

This worked at a gun factory. It should not be surprising he owned lots of guns.

Also, digging up other links you'll find he was into model rocketry and a pilot. So I'm guessing 60yo + guns + kerosene + a hobby = cold blooded killer.

I'm so glad I got out of CT.

ETA: oops, I see others pointed out the pilot thing.

Last edited:
I'm guessing he was ill and hadn't been seen around his house and that's why the neighbors called, and why the cops brought him to a hospital.

Really crappy reporting whatever the story is.

Just to be clear, here is where we are in America: You only call the police when you want to hand over your life. That's it. No exceptions. You call the police to "check on" someone else when you want to hand over their life. Again, no exceptions.

We have hundreds of thousands of laws, a population of cowards, media lapdogs to the state, and a law enforcement system that spreads fear and distrust, steals property, and can railroad just about anyone into a jail cell.

Help comes from friends and family. Government and the police come to take, control, imprison and destroy. What we have is worse than the "anarchy" the left imagines. We have a government that is almost wholly destructive. You are on your own, yet harassed and threatened by the biggest criminal organization in the history of man -- your own government.

Last edited:
Jet fuel, jet fuel... Hmmmm isn't there another name for that......

Oh right, KEROSENE.

My grandfather had a 275gal tank filled with "jet fuel" all the time. He used kerosene heaters to warm his house for 20 years. I can't believe I didn't realize he was actually a terrorist!!

This worked at a gun factory. It should not be surprising he owned lots of guns.

Also, digging up other links you'll find he was into model rocketry and a pilot. So I'm guessing 60yo + guns + kerosene + a hobby = cold blooded killer.

I'm so glad I got out of CT.

ETA: oops, I see others pointed out the pilot thing.

My family's farm house In pa has thousands of pounds of old school train fuel stashed away

also known as wood for the stove.

Just to be clear, here is where we are in America: You only call the police when you want to hand over your life. That's it. No exceptions. You call the police to "check on" someone else when you want to hand over their life. Again, no exceptions.

We have hundreds of thousands of laws, a population of cowards, media lapdogs to the state, and a law enforcement system that spreads fear and distrust, steals property, and can railroad just about anyone into a jail cell.

Help comes from friends and family. Government and the police come to take, control, imprison and destroy. What we have is worse than the "anarchy" the left imagines. We have a government that is almost wholly destructive. You are on your own, yet harassed and threatened by the biggest organized criminal organization in the history of man -- your own government.

QFTMFT

I'd take anarchy any day over this.

- - - Updated - - -

My family's farm house In pa has thousands of pounds of old school train fuel stashed away

also known as wood for the stove.

[laugh]

Help comes from friends and family. Government and the police come to take, control, imprison and destroy. What we have is worse than the "anarchy" the left imagines. We have a government that is almost wholly destructive. You are on your own, yet harassed and threatened by the biggest organized criminal organization in the history of man -- your own government.

Great quote. Should be emblazoned in stone.

Sounds to me , like this guy had his retirement money invested in something that appreciates and will maintain value
instead of losing value , as in the US dollar. Hopes he gets it all back.

......................Jack

Back
Top Bottom