fingerprints

You are right! It should be done for a small fee. That is what I have been saying.

This is bull shit sorry mate, but it is.
First the government makes a law that we need to get fingerprinted for a right, then they charge us to get the fingerprints done or refuse to do them. In banking situations its the FDIC dictating that, Firearms it's either the state or the feds.

What if all police departments decided to not fingerprint, because they can't take an officer off the street.

Everything in this state requires a fee. I have an idea- you can charge us an additional fee for writing us a ticket, because you had to get off your ass and write it.

This is bull shit sorry mate, but it is.
First the government makes a law that we need to get fingerprinted for a right, then they charge us to get the fingerprints done or refuse to do them. In banking situations its the FDIC dictating that, Firearms it's either the state or the feds.

What if all police departments decided to not fingerprint, because they can't take an officer off the street.

Everything in this state requires a fee. I have an idea- you can charge us an additional fee for writing us a ticket, because you had to get off your ass and write it.

Question for ya..mate. Did you read the whole thread?

I will attempt to make this simple for you.

If you are in the process of being hired by a private corporation i.e. Walmart, Raytheon, General Electric etc....and they are conducting a background check on you which requires fingerprints why should the local Police Department do this for free.

It is the corporations policy, they are responsible for the background check. It is not mandated by the government.
They should be paying to have the prints done and not the taxpayer.

Pretty simple.

Are you sure about that??? Given the fact that GE and Raytheon are contractors for the government are you certain that the fingerprints aren't mandated by .gov? I'm sure GE and Raytheon would love to save the cost of doing background checks on employees.

Are you sure about that??? Given the fact that GE and Raytheon are contractors for the government are you certain that the fingerprints aren't mandated by .gov? I'm sure GE and Raytheon would love to save the cost of doing background checks on employees.

If it is for a security clearance, then it is mandated by the Feds as part of the contractual agreement to give work to that vendor.

I worked for Raytheon, Gen'l Dynamics/Electric Boat, MIT/IL, Stone & Webster Eng'g and Yankee Atomic Electric and had Secret and nuclear (from some) clearances thru each of them. Very long time ago and I do not recall who/where did the prints for the clearances. However, I do recall going into the City of Groton PD (CT) only once in my 3 years there, so it might have been for prints . . . not sure.

Back
Top Bottom