• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Fingerprint Cards for Form 4 - Mass State Police Card vs. FD-258

hatrick

NES Member
So I went to my local police department today and got 2 fingerprint cards to submit with my a Form 4. Is it going to be a problem with the ATF that they are Massachusetts State Police fingerprint cards and not official FD-258 cards? They look almost identical and have basically the same info. The officer said they are the same but I certainly don’t want to risk my Form 4 getting rejected or delayed.

Has anyone else in Massachusetts filed aForm 4 with the Mass fingerprint cards?

Thanks

They need to have the ORI marked ATF-NFA BRANCH MARTINSBURG WV. In the past you could put a sticker with that info on the card.. but that was decades ago. I would personally use the correct cards , nothing sucks more than adding another month or more to already long wait. If you need the correct cards and are near the Brockton / Easton PM me

So I went to my local police department today and got 2 fingerprint cards to submit with my a Form 4. Is it going to be a problem with the ATF that they are Massachusetts State Police fingerprint cards and not official FD-258 cards? They look almost identical and have basically the same info. The officer said they are the same but I certainly don’t want to risk my Form 4 getting rejected or delayed.

Has anyone else in Massachusetts filed aForm 4 with the Mass fingerprint cards?

Thanks

Use ask the experts on the ATF site, this is not how you want to find out you've been denied in 4 months.

They need to have the ORI marked ATF-NFA BRANCH MARTINSBURG WV. In the past you could put a sticker with that info on the card.. but that was decades ago. I would personally use the correct cards , nothing sucks more than adding another month or more to already long wait. If you need the correct cards and are near the Brockton / Easton PM me
This. Also make sure that the back of the card gets signed. Jack.

Thanks for the info.... I ordered some of the correct ATF addressed FD-258 cards and went back to my local PD but sadly they can't print on them and have the data show up in the correct fields and boxes. I was hoping they had multiple fingerprint form templates on their computer but they seemed pretty lacking in how to do anything but the standard state fingerprint form. I ended up getting an ink pad and rolling my own prints and they came out pretty good in my opinion but I'm wondering if I should also send the state print cards as well just in case. Or will the ATF get bent out of shape that I sent both print cards?

Thanks

Back
Top Bottom