Finally

I am now a NES member, NRA life member, Goal life member, and finally the holder of a Class A Large Capacity License to Carry Firearms. My lovely town did apply the "Target & Hunting"[crying], but it is a giant step in the right direction (no pun intended). Thank you all for all the info. I have gained a lot of knowledge, though I am still a newbie.

Time to go shopping[smile] any suggestions?

Advice??? Hummmm, Ok, here's a good one. Kiss you savings account GOODBYE!!!!!! [laugh][smile]

Congrats on getting your license. What's you interest? Handguns or rifles?

I applied in Groveland. I already purchased a sig 226 within the first 24 hours of being legal. As far as interests. All, but mostly playing at the range for now. Any suggestions for pistols and or long arms would be great.

Ruger 10/22 would be a good start for the rifle department. Cheap to buy and shoot, almost infinitely customizable.

Here's my 10/22, modded the stock a little and painted it:
100_1739.jpg

Although you might want to get an EBR if you buy into the Obama ban hype like most people do.

Last edited:
I forgot to mention one important thing. I got the gun at North Shore Firearms, and they were great. Great inventory, and even better service. First purchase, but not my last and I hope to be back there soon. Weather permitting I am going to Georgetown Fish and Game today to shoot at the "battle of the bulge". All WWII stuff, and a friend is bringing some stuff to try. Once I know what I want I will be shopping again.

Welcome to NES. I also recommend a .22 (handgun and rifle) for lots of cheap shooting practice. As for WWII stuff (milsurps) try to get at least an M1 Garand and an M1 Carbine from the CMP http://www.odcmp.com/, both are great firearms.

Back
Top Bottom