FINALLY picking up my LTC tomorrow morning

And it only took 5 months meh.

It seems like most stores have VERY limited stock, so i will likely have to buy via private sale. It looks like i have to do it w the seller transferring it to a dealer who transfers it to me - is that correct? What else do i need to know?

If you live in MA and buy from an individual in MA, you can transfer via an E-FA10 (registering it on the state's website). Unless the seller has already used up his 3 for the year, although it's only March so you're probably good. If you can't use an E-FA10, then you'll have to go the FFL route.

You could Google the whole process, to become more familiar with it.

Do yourself and all of us a favor, go buy an IFAK, a couple CAT tourniquets and take a "stop the bleed" class, then get a range bag and an ammo can, some electronic muffs, and safety glasses, then, and only then, go buy a gently used, completely stock, Glock 19 and about a dozen 10rd magazines, a good kydex IWB holster, and some ammo and get some real training. Don't waste your money on any other crappy gear, or waste anyone's time on "what should I buy" threads until you get some training, see everyone else's trendy crap fail miserably in a class, and learn to actually shoot.

Do yourself and all of us a favor, go buy an IFAK, a couple CAT tourniquets and take a "stop the bleed" class, then get a range bag and an ammo can, some electronic muffs, and safety glasses, then, and only then, go buy a gently used, completely stock, Glock 19 and about a dozen 10rd magazines, a good kydex IWB holster, and some ammo and get some real training. Don't waste your money on any other crappy gear, or waste anyone's time on "what should I buy" threads until you get some training, see everyone else's trendy crap fail miserably in a class, and learn to actually shoot.
Way to make the new guy feel welcome. thanks! :rolleyes:

What else do i need to know?
If you don't have prior experience with handguns,
go to some commercial range that rents by the hour not the gun,
and try out a spectrum of different models and actions.

I'll let others recommend the ranges...

Folks will generally let you try stuff at their clubs,
but that seems a little more hit-n-miss, doesn't it?

It's like you're saying what my soul feels

Well i use a crosman .22 pellet gun to shoot in my basement ,cheap shooting, i can hit 1 pound profane bottle 25 yards away with it lol. Real ammo are expensive these day.

Attachments

• 20210306_194854.jpg
    20210306_194854.jpg
    162 KB · Views: 3
Well i use a crosman .22 pellet gun to shoot in my basement ,cheap shooting, i can hit 1 pound profane bottle 25 yards away with it lol. ...
71wF7dASRhL._AC_SL1500_.jpg

Training “trumps” Equipment any day of the week...

They say there’s three rules for shooting but there’s only four. The fourth one is don’t think you won’t shoot yourself. Followed by the fifth rule you can’t put a tourniquet around your armpit or neck...
Be careful and have fun..

You get to add rules as you go....Another good one is keep your off hand on your chest and follow your weapon hand out along your dominate arm so you don’t shoot your f***ing hand.

I’d rather learn by watching people do stupid shit than do it myself but I’m telling you takes a split second to f*** up it’s like running a chainsaw

Only if the seller is in mass.

Yeah until you’re trying to sell a shot out firearm to pay your mortgage...But gun stores aren’t essential but liquor stores are....Then you’re dealing with retards from the Internet. “I really need that gun today” think about that.I was slightly concerned they actually needed that gun that day. But not enough to go to prison over $500

tenor.png
Followed by an, I told you so at a later date! [rofl2]
Great advice and a great pistol and a great way to use that stimulus check!

Screw that advice. You got your ticket now, you might as well take the ride. We all did it. Buy your dream gun. The more exotic/less practical the better. Practice mag dumps. Sleep with it so you can feel it in your hand as you dream about it. Bug everyone you know and everyone on this forum with "what should I buy" threads. And then (this is important) ignore the advice and buy whatever the F you want. Again, we have all been there. The more stupid mistakes you learn, the better off you will be. Eventually you will get as grumpy and jaded as Moojpg2, and you will get to add your $.02 with the air of authority and experience.

I think the best advice is, you should let your boss know you will be out for the rest of the week. Once you get your LTC, you are going to have far more pressing concerns, and gun stores to visit, in the immediate future.

Think long and hard and buy gun that u really want

... which unfortunately happens only after you go all crazy and buy bunch of guns you dont really want (let alone need) in the first place... 🤪

The buying stupid shit spree can last from couple weeks after you get your LTC to be a permanent state of mind necessitating larger gun safes every couple years.

Screw that advice. You got your ticket now, you might as well take the ride. We all did it. Buy your dream gun. The more exotic/less practical the better. Practice mag dumps. Sleep with it so you can feel it in your hand as you dream about it. Bug everyone you know and everyone on this forum with "what should I buy" threads. And then (this is important) ignore the advice and buy whatever the F you want. Again, we have all been there. The more stupid mistakes you learn, the better off you will be. Eventually you will get as grumpy and jaded as Moojpg2, and you will get to add your $.02 with the air of authority and experience.

I think the best advice is, you should let your boss know you will be out for the rest of the week. Once you get your LTC, you are going to have far more pressing concerns, and gun stores to visit, in the immediate future.
I'm not at all jaded, just trying to save the guy a bunch of money and get him started off with the right mentality, being able to plug holes is often more useful than being able to make them, and mindset and training is way more valuable than any particular type of gun, things right now are not cheap, there are no deals to be had, let's help him on the right track to start with. He should absolutely get his safety gear and peripherals and some type of gun safe or pistol safe first so he doesn't have to worry about that expense after he buys a gun. I would argue that a G19 is the best choice for many reasons, but you could substitute my "gently used G19" for any other handgun built to a professional standard that's big enough to fight and train with, an M&P full size or compact, Caniks, Walther PPQ or the new PDP, Sig P320 or P365XL, P229, compact or full size Beretta 92, etc. Point is he needs one of those, not some micro compact thing he can't learn a proper grip on, that he's gonna sweep or shoot his index finger off with, he needs a good kydex holster from NSR or C&G or similar, (no hybrid floppy leather crap), and several mags and, most importantly, some real training from a good training school like OnSight, Sig Sauer Academy, 3R Operations, etc.

I'm not at all jaded, just trying to save the guy a bunch of money and get him started off with the right mentality, being able to plug holes is often more useful than being able to make them, and mindset and training is way more valuable than any particular type of gun, things right now are not cheap, there are no deals to be had, let's help him on the right track to start with. He should absolutely get his safety gear and peripherals and some type of gun safe or pistol safe first so he doesn't have to worry about that expense after he buys a gun. I would argue that a G19 is the best choice for many reasons, but you could substitute my "gently used G19" for any other handgun built to a professional standard that's big enough to fight and train with, an M&P full size or compact, Caniks, Walther PPQ or the new PDP, Sig P320 or P365XL, P229, compact or full size Beretta 92, etc. Point is he needs one of those, not some micro compact thing he can't learn a proper grip on, that he's gonna sweep or shoot his index finger off with, he needs a good kydex holster from NSR or C&G or similar, (no hybrid floppy leather crap), and several mags and, most importantly, some real training from a good training school like OnSight, Sig Sauer Academy, 3R Operations, etc.

Booo! Much more fun going into this learning yourself. Unsolicited advice about what YOU like and what YOU think, is worth exactly what you are paying for it.

You must have some idea of a handgun, no? All the time leading up to applying plus the 5 months waiting?
Buy what you want. Though, I haven't bought for a while, and it looks like the market is supply-stymied.
I remember that in buying a Harley Davidson motorcycle. Bought what was available from a dealer that didn't charge $3-4K over list price.
You could always buy a long gun to shoot now, and wait for your dream handgun to become available ( Colt Python or new Colt Python- 70s guy!!! Watched Magnum Force too many times!!)

Do not go nut and spend all the money on stupid guns like me. Think long and hard and buy gun that u really want

That's good advice. I like to have a purpose for each one. Like one pistol for carrying. Then maybe you want one with a bigger barrel for home defense. Same thing with rifle. Is it for personal defense or hunting? Is it going to be for 100 yards or 1000 yards? If your ltc is unrestricted then a "carry" option is a good idea. Nothing says you can't carry a glock 34 though :)

Back
Top Bottom