Final Salute

Geez, Derek... post a Kleenex alert, will ya?

That guy must have one of the toughest jobs in the Marine Corps, I imagine.

Sorry Ross, I figured the title gave it away. I honestly don't know if I have ever read anything more touching.

I don't think I have the words fit to describe that story. The writer should be highly commended. Yes, I'm still crying....and I'll have a lump in throat for a while yet. Bless his heart.

I read it on another board,and it got really hard to read amungst the tears. So I already knew from the title,but yes Derek you must put Kleenex warnings for us softies. [lol]

Tear Jerker is an Understatement. I cried from page 1 to well past 12. Its sad at what they do but makes you proud that you do have people like Maj. Beck serving in the Services and makes you feel damn good about our boys in uniform.

It was very hard for me to get through it. I'm glad I did, it makes me appreciate what they and their families go through even more.

When I was still able to think about joining the services. My main pref was always Navy. But a close second was USMC. After reading the article I for one know that my second choice in terms of service branch isn't that bad of a choice.

I was raised big on family and actually would have felt a lot better knowing that if something happened to me that my folks and family got the help they needed. (I know its probably an exception rather than the rule, but one thing i've noticed is that friendships born out of life and death experiences tend to be the strongest.)

Back
Top Bottom