File this under "No friggin kidding"

so if they grab this guy in RI, is he going to have to go thru the extradition process to face trial in MA?

dad should have buried him

“I’m shocked - completely shocked,” Raynham Police Chief Lou Pacheco said of Valerio Rodriguez’ no-show at Taunton District Court today.

I interpreted that as a little sarcasm on the Chief's part - sounds like he may have seen "Casablanca"

“It is unfortunate that there appears to be some type of public assumption that the police stopped a father from protecting his son and let a child molester go, that is absolutely not true,” he said.

Since when is a fact public opninon? Is it public opinion that the sky is blue or that water is wet? Let's look at the facts in this case...
FACT: This man admitted he inappropriately touched the boy.
FACT: The police did not arrest him.
FACT: The father appropriately and justifiably defended his son.
FACT: The father was charged with assault.
FACT: Market Basket continued to employ this man after the incident.
FACT: I'll never shop there again.

The first 5 facts there describe exactly what Chief Pacheco said was public opinion...

The real fact of the matter is that no father can rest at night knowing that he will be persecuted by the state if he defends his child.

Who cares about persecution by the state - a father will still rest at night knowing he did the right thing:

"Blessed are those who are persecuted because of righteousness, for theirs is the kingdom of heaven" MT 5:10

I think that defending your children is on the highest order of righteousness.

Who cares about persecution by the state - a father will still rest at night knowing he did the right thing:

"Blessed are those who are persecuted because of righteousness, for theirs is the kingdom of heaven" MT 5:10

+1 I have 5yrs. old twin boys

Even if this old molester shows up in court he will just get a slap on the wrist.Unfortunately the father of the boy helped in this final decision because he lost it and beat the jerk a little too much.I believe the charges will be either dropped or continued without a finding on the dad.I still don't understand how this old guy got into the stall with his kid?If the dad was doing what a Dad should do,the old perv would not have ever got in there with the kid.I would say the Dad was preocupied doing something else.If he was attentive,the old guy would have known the Dad was there and nothing would have happened.

still don't understand how this old guy got into the stall with his kid?If the dad was doing what a Dad should do,the old perv would not have ever got in there with the kid.I would say the Dad was preocupied doing something else.If he was attentive,the old guy would have known the Dad was there and nothing would have happened.

Why do people keep saying this? Does anyone bother to read?

Here's what happened, according to the reports.

Boy wants to use urinal.
Dad puts boy on bucket so he can pee in urinal.
Dad stands behind boy.
Urinal is next to stall.
Perv is in stall next to urinal.
Perv reaches under stall and touches boy.
Dad, standing behind boy, sees hand coming under stall.
Dad pounds perv.

I don't give a rat's @ss about being "blessed" I care about being able to defend my child without getting thrown in jail.

Just when you thought this story could not get any worse:

Link to article

RAYNHAM —

An assault charge was dropped Thursday against a Raynham father police say punched an elderly man who allegedly touched his son in a public bathroom.

Jason R. Beatrice, 31, who reportedly saw a Market Basket janitor touch his 4-year-old’s calf under a bathroom stall partition, was cleared in Taunton District Court of a charge of assault and battery on a person over 60.

But the district attorney’s office said the charge was not dropped out of sympathy for the father, said Gregg Miliote, a spokesperson for Bristol District Sam Sutter.

Miliote said officials learned “definitively” Wednesday night the former supermarket employee, Valerio Rodriguez, 71, of Providence, had fled to Guatemala.

Rodriguez failed to appear at his arraignment Tuesday on an indecent assault charge, prompting a district court judge to issue a warrant for his arrest.

“There have been several attempts to locate him since then, and new information shows us that he has apparently fled the country,” Miliote said. “So, we have no (assault) victim.”

The early June incident at Market Basket escalated after the enraged father saw his son get touched, flung open the stall and punched Rodriguez repeatedly, according to police reports.

Police said Beatrice later wrote and distributed fliers warning of a “predator” at the store, after he reportedly returned to Market Basket July 4 and saw Rodriguez still working there.

The district attorney’s office can refile the charges against Beatrice, but Miliote noted, “That’s really just a technicality.”

After officials learned Rodriguez had left the United States, the county prosecutor offered to lower the charge against Beatrice to simple assault, Miliote said.

Additionally, if it had been approved, the case would have gone to a clerk’s hearing — a lower level, closed-door proceeding in which a clerk magistrate decides whether to progress to arraignment.

But with Rodriguez absent, the judge dismissed the case entirely, Miliote said.

Raynham Police Chief Louis J. Pacheco said he stood by his officers’ decision not to arrest Rodriguez the day of the alleged fight and instead issue a summons.

Police had done the same for Beatrice.

“If (Rodriguez) had gotten arrested, he still would’ve been out in 20 minutes on bail,” Pacheco said, “or, he would’ve stayed overnight in jail if he didn’t have the (bail money) and gone home the next day.”

Arraignments, at which bail is set, usually take place the day after an arrest, Miliote said.

“For someone without a criminal record, it is harder to get a high bail,” Miliote said. “Obviously, if a person with no criminal record commits murder, that’s another story.”

Just when you thought this story could not get any worse:

Link to article

So how many people here didn't see that exact same scenario happening when this deal came down. We have more criminals coming to the US from third world nations than you can count without any controls.

Problem is that in their own countries, going after kids is either expected or tolerated in their own countries and they think they can rape and assault here as well.

So much for security at the Mexican border! [sad]

Back
Top Bottom