FIELD DAY 2010

So far as I know we are still on. I think we were just waiting for better weather to do a recon mission to MCRG.

We do not however have a call to run under, so we'll just need to run under one of the Extra's?

Correct. The last meeting fell through for scheduling reasons. We really don't HAVE to have everyone that's interested go to Monadnock for a meeting/recon. We do need to have the experienced hams who are interested set a firm meeting time, to go and scope out the area and to get a better plan together. We're doing a small operation, but it's still better to hava an idea in the works to make things easier. Of course, the other philosophy would be to just show up with stuff and make do!

It might be useful to start compiling a list of materials/gear we have to facilitate planning. I have about 100 feet of 450 ohm ladder line, at least 400 feet of insulated 14 gauge wire, insulators and center support and about 70 feet of RG-8X to make several dipoles/Zepps etc. I can bring my FT-897 and Z-11 Pro auto tuner.

So far as I know we are still on. I think we were just waiting for better weather to do a recon mission to MCRG.

We do not however have a call to run under, so we'll just need to run under one of the Extra's?

Be advised. All operations must be conducted by the appropriate operator. No one can operate on the Extra portions without an extra control operator regardless of call usage.

I recommend that you do not necessarily consider an extra call as most extras with extra calls that I know are not hams with guns. I only know two extras gunnies with extra calls.

There are many nice 1x3 calls to use. Somebody might have a good one with extra class privileges.

Be advised. All operations must be conducted by the appropriate operator. No one can operate on the Extra portions without an extra control operator regardless of call usage.

I recommend that you do not necessarily consider an extra call as most extras with extra calls that I know are not hams with guns. I only know two extras gunnies with extra calls.

There are many nice 1x3 calls to use. Somebody might have a good one with extra class privileges.

Funny, but there are several right here in this forum!

.... Why don't we have a NES club call again? Someone remind me.

Because I was supposed to do it but have been working alot of overtime at work. Not an excuse, just an explaination. Sorry that I have not got this done yet. I have most of the paperwork all set but I need to hash out some things with you guys. I also need a second signature.

/John

There was never enough interest in the thread to meet up and do some planning. It's pretty much impossible, at least for me, to start planning anything this late in the game. If anyone wants to get something set up, I may stop by for a little while and do some operating if I'm not on 2nd Shift by then.

Last Call !

The MRGC Board of directors need to know if this is happening or not. They need to move the archery course around to accomodate you folks. If no one's gonna show at least let's thell them this is a no - go !

To bad...

I just left WWI Park with my radio club. We're working both 20m and 40m. I was working 40m for a couple of hours....we've also worked 10m on Solar and made our five contacts. The CW guys are starting at 5. We have a guy doing Satellite.

This is so much fun...the wife called me home. So I'm going to head back up there in a few.

Crappy Cell phone pic.

IMG00211.jpg

What a blast...it was so much fun. We went back up and there was a guy running CW over night. IT was amazing to listen to this guy. HE doesn't even own a mic..so the only way he talks on the radio is by CW.

I went up and started working 20 around 7-9 pm.. My daughter Hadley was logging for me...so our contact making was pretty slow as she's only 6. But she was typing away. We talked to people in Ontario and almost Germany but lost it before I got it all...other than that..AZ, Ohio, Iowa, Idaho and a few others...

Man, that was a blast...we really got to get our selves in gear for next year. That was so much fun. I should have taken pictures of the site...they had up towers, Satellite slinkys a dual dipole ladder looking thing strung across the trees, solar panels.... IT was amazing. I didn't really even talk to them about what was up in the trees as I was too busy working the radio or logging contacts.

a BLAST I tell you....blast!

I worked a couple of KH6's, but could not break through the "West Coast Wall" to nab the VK's, some of whom were plainly participating in our Field Day. Kudos to them.

Back
Top Bottom