Female Co-workers and Mace/Pepper Spray/Sheeple

Wow! These women are close friends of mine and we work in a Military environment on a Military base where we drive thru a gate with SP's carrying M9's and M4's. I'm trying to up their awareness to threat levels and to make them think. These women are not clueless liberal snowflakes and if they answered yes they'd like to have more info I would set up training for them at either my gun club or in another setting. The key is situational awareness and not being a victim.

Maybe they think their awareness levels are fine. So you've decided they aren't "aware" enough and are trying to fix it? Unsolicited advice is rarely appreciated.

It could happen. Purse in dashboard in summer is the best way. You could also travel to a high altitude without being in a pressurized container.

Although I'm sure she wasn't thinking of those scenarios and was just worried it would press its own button and fire, just like guns do all the time.
Does anyone know if the baggage holds of comercial airplanes are pressurized? I am flying later this week and planning on having pepper spray in my checked luggage.

These women are clearly convinced that they're all set, so the first step is to show them that they aren't. I'd suggest wearing goggles over the ski mask out in the employee parking lot, just in case they really were listening to your mace advice.

These women are clearly convinced that they're all set, so the first step is to show them that they aren't. I'd suggest wearing goggles over the ski mask out in the employee parking lot, just in case they really were listening to your mace advice.
LOL, yes and get back to us about how it worked out. You might not want to take the mask off, though. The cops will be looking for you.

LOL, yes and get back to us about how it worked out. You might not want to take the mask off, though. The cops will be looking for you.

[smile] You don't need to go all the way through with the assault/kidnapping, you just need to make it a little believable. Be rough, but nothing closed fist. And don't go all the way back to your hideout with them, make sure to drop them off somewhere relatively convenient - bus station, cab stand, police station (but far enough away that you can scoot before they get inside!).

Bingo. I give 0 f***s about the willingness to defend themselves of anyone outside my immediate circle. It's their problem to deal with, not mine. My concern is to make sure myself and the people I care about are safe.
I agree, I consider all the helpless dummies shields I can hide behind in the even of chaos.

I guess that there's not a lot of "The mother and the cubs" thinking still around. My wife was a stay at home mother for the kids and always had the "means" to protect them handy. Times change. Jack.

Today's mother and cubs believe that a pig is more capable to protect them, than they are themselves...

I worked with a woman who was going through a divorce and put a restraining order on her husband. I had worked with her for several years and considered her a good friend - I offered to take her to the gun store on lunch and get some pepper spray. She replied "No thanks, if I had that, I'm afraid that I'd wind up using it". This was the first time this woman stunned me into silence by her stupidity.
I later figured out that she had somehow gone nuts (not clinically - but I'm saying she lost a couple quarts of coolant somewhere), and always looked back at this being the first irrational thing I remember. She pretty much spent the next decade making everyone's life miserable.

I worked with a woman who was going through a divorce and put a restraining order on her husband. I had worked with her for several years and considered her a good friend - I offered to take her to the gun store on lunch and get some pepper spray. She replied "No thanks, if I had that, I'm afraid that I'd wind up using it". This was the first time this woman stunned me into silence by her stupidity.
I later figured out that she had somehow gone nuts (not clinically - but I'm saying she lost a couple quarts of coolant somewhere), and always looked back at this being the first irrational thing I remember. She pretty much spent the next decade making everyone's life miserable.

Makes you wonder about that 209A she put out on her ex-husband.....

A few years ago, I gifted a pepper spray and Dunkin's card for a Yankee Swap. Some wanted that spray more than the usual potpourri nonsense. Thought it was a subtle, fun way to break the ice on self defense discussions. A couple other women asked me afterwards where they could get the pepper spray themselves.

Making them aware of their surroundings is part of it. Not worried about HR, just the lack of awareness of these people.
You could leave a brochure for the NRA seminar, Refuse to be a Victim, in a break room or other common area. PM if you want one.

I think in this area and in this environment you definitely messed up.

I’d suggest never mention it again. Hope everyone forgets. And pray you still have a job.

Let them stick with “the police are there to protect them” mantra.

I really hope you did not cross the line to “that nut with all of the guns is making me REALLY nervous now”,

Last edited:

I’d suggest never mention it again. Hope everyone forgets. And pray you still have a job.

I really hope you did not cross the line to “that nut with all of the guns is making me REALLY nervous now”,
Right on. You may care about these coworkers but they may just go along with "the girls" they gossip with and report you with an exaggerated claim.

I'm not one to give unsolicited advice. That said, I'm always willing to give my opinion on the subject if asked. The other day, I had a local LEO friend ask about some of the process for purchasing spray/firearms/ammo as a "civilian", as he wasn't sure how it all worked out. Could recite chap 90 verbatim, but other than the bare minimum on obtaining an FID/LTC, isn't all that familiar with the law. On the plus side, he's not the type to jam people up for stupid malum prohibitum BS

I'm sure your intentions were good but it can come if creepy - a guy trying to gauge how women can or cannot defend themselves. I'm in the MYOB camp.

I'm not one to give unsolicited advice. That said, I'm always willing to give my opinion on the subject if asked. The other day, I had a local LEO friend ask about some of the process for purchasing spray/firearms/ammo as a "civilian", as he wasn't sure how it all worked out. Could recite chap 90 verbatim, but other than the bare minimum on obtaining an FID/LTC, isn't all that familiar with the law. On the plus side, he's not the type to jam people up for stupid malum prohibitum BS

Best advice. Only once did I get into such a conversation over lunch at a software firm I was interning at and the woman stated that even if being murdered/raped that she could never hurt anyone (and this was in mid-1990s) . . . I just let it go as no discussion about self-protection would have been productive.

Even at DEC, I knew that a couple of my co-workers owned guns but it was almost never discussed at work other than the (open to all employees) DEC Notesfile (forum) on firearms (I was one of the founding members).

Most MA cops are like your friend as the gun laws are so convoluted that they can't understand them and will treat someone who doesn't act like a jerk as "a LTC is a LTC" and just let it go. I've had a few LEOs (including 2 chiefs) as students in my Mass Gun Law Seminars and even years later I get Emails or a phone call occasionally asking me about some nuance of the laws. I gladly entertain these questions as my goal is to educate any/all that are interested in learning what our gun laws really are about.

Best advice. Only once did I get into such a conversation over lunch at a software firm I was interning at and the woman stated that even if being murdered/raped that she could never hurt anyone (and this was in mid-1990s) . . . I just let it go as no discussion about self-protection would have been productive.

Even at DEC, I knew that a couple of my co-workers owned guns but it was almost never discussed at work other than the (open to all employees) DEC Notesfile (forum) on firearms (I was one of the founding members).

I think the thing to really understand here is that in the eyes of many in mass and to moonbats generally, we are viewed as a quarter step above pedophiles.

Viewed as inherently dangerous and unstable. And like that gun in the nightstand... it could go off at any time with no reason!!! It is just NOT worth speaking openly.

I recently discovered civilian carry radio podcast and have been listening to back episodes of the audio during exercise and while commuting.
Format is interview of instructors in the self protection business and focus is getting people to understand that 'you are your own first responder'. They interview people from all over the country and different kinds of subject matter. I found interview with legal instructor Andrew Branca particularly eye opening and ended up reading his book. Have also been inspired and started taking classes instead of just thinking about it.

A couple of episodes have been interviews with trainers geographically close to family and in one case, a close friend. For these folks i tracked down the episode on YouTube channel cc_radio, and PM'd a link as interesting show to watch. Too soon to tell if this works, but it seems promising.
A couple of recent interviews with women trainers may be sufficiently targeted for similar approach with close co-worker, but I would not use office mail to send it.

Wow! These women are close friends of mine and we work in a Military environment on a Military base where we drive thru a gate with SP's carrying M9's and M4's.
Ok, so they can't bring guns or OC spray to work anyways, even if it's just in their cars. Are these ladies mil, civ, or contractors?

I didn't mess up, I asked them if they wanted or needed pepper spray and offered to help train them if they accepted. HR has nothing to do with it since we've been mandated to attend active shooter briefings where I ripped the guy apart. Our job is to inform the sheeple and try to help them understand the threat, whether from an active shooter or a thug, and offer them the knowledge to survive. Jesus, from the reaction here you would have thought I posted this on the Boston Globe website.

Our job is to inform the sheeple and try to help them understand the threat, whether from an active shooter or a thug, and offer them the knowledge to survive. Jesus, from the reaction here you would have thought I posted this on the Boston Globe website.

No it isn't. My job is is to provide for my immediate family. Everyone else can get f***ed for all I care.

Back
Top Bottom