Feeling Anti-fudd

Ugghh..... paper only, steel ok if mounted 30" off the ground. No steel, no targets on the ground, bulls,eye paper targets only......my club is all over the place with "target rules". Took my daughter yesterday and fudd said no steel targets for kids...... I laughed out load and said show me that rule in writing! He got pissy....said don't you know who I am.(club range officer)Said yes and you can't follow written rules, where's your badge!(club rule is membership badge must be visable at all times) Ohh boy that got him flustered. I told him call the club president and get him down here I have a issue....he went back to scrounging for brass......

The latest is now I guess no more clay targets on the berm. When I was confronted by this I asked where is that posted? Our own club manual specifically states any and all rule changes need to be published in the club manual or in plain view on club property......... so I keep shooting clays.

We had one just like him at our club.
Thankfully he's moved on.

Hate both Tactical and Fudd equally......I shoot trap, skeet and AR's,glocks and hunt birds and deer, and bowhunt.

I just choose not to go over the top with either. I find people all decked out in tactical gear doing head wags, and rolls, as funny as some overdressed guy who walked out of the Cabela's magazine.

#flannelworn will always be a thing bros. Always.

I'm a queer FUDD and always will be, the difference is I, and the fellers I try to associate with, actually use this shit, usually once or twice every year around november, unless its too cold. I like to be fat, bald, sweaty, and old, I also have a tendency to want to take my $4,000 over under to the range at least once a month and get some good quality time in with my butt buddies on the skeet range, that is if i dont get too hammer drunk at the bar before the shooting starts... ...But even if i do, **** it, I'm on the board, and think of it this way, they rationed grunts beer back in nam, i can handle this here boomstick just fine with double vision. Some, mind you some, "FUDD" equipment, if you know how to use it, helps you achieve goals, that's why I own it, nothing says i was once successful in life like spending $1,200 on a surplus matching numbers M1 Garand-pa. You may judge, but its a hobby of mine, some fellers play golf, listen to AM talk radio, meet up with old bitties at the coffee shop. Me I like to go down to the pistol range and take 25 minutes to fire a 7 round magazine off the benchrest with my Colt .45 at a paper plate, which is the only target I need, because everybody knows if i hit anywhere in the general vicinity with that good ol' .45, peoples limbs will be flying through the air. After all, shooting twice is stupid. Mainly, I just ****ing love being a grumpy ******* and making everybody else around me miserable because they dont do things the good old fashioned way. Honestly when i read on that there internet thing, posts by people who like to dress up like they're some kind of commando and run around on the range with them loud black guns, it just makes my head spin, you dont need that damn plastic gun to kill a deer son let me tell ya. If you dont wear square hats and fluorescent orange to the range then **** you, you can't learn me nothin, ill be up at the clubhouse getting shithoused and complaining about obama to anybody who'll listen.

Last edited:

I'm a queer FUDD and always will be, the difference is I, and the fellers I try to associate with, actually use this shit, usually once or twice every year around november, unless its too cold. I like to be fat, bald, sweaty, and old, I also have a tendency to want to take my $4,000 over under to the range at least once a month and get some good quality time in with my butt buddies on the skeet range, that is if i dont get too hammer drunk at the bar before the shooting starts... ...But even if i do, **** it, I'm on the board, and think of it this way, they rationed grunts beer back in nam, i can handle this here boomstick just fine with double vision. Some, mind you some, "FUDD" equipment, if you know how to use it, helps you achieve goals, that's why I own it, nothing says i was once successful in life like spending $1,200 on a surplus matching numbers M1 Garand-pa. You may judge, but its a hobby of mine, some fellers play golf, listen to AM talk radio, meet up with old bitties at the coffee shop. Me I like to go down to the pistol range and take 25 minutes to fire a 7 round magazine off the benchrest with my Colt .45 at a paper plate, which is the only target I need, because everybody knows if i hit anywhere in the general vicinity with that good ol' .45, peoples limbs will be flying through the air. After all, shooting twice is stupid. Mainly, I just ****ing love being a grumpy ******* and making everybody else around me miserable because they dont do things the good old fashioned way. Honestly when i read on that there internet thing, posts by people who like to dress up like they're some kind of commando and run around on the range with them loud black guns, it just makes my head spin, you dont need that damn plastic gun to kill a deer son let me tell ya. If you dont wear square hats and fluorescent orange to the range then **** you, you can't learn me nothin, ill be up at the clubhouse getting shithoused and complaining about obama to anybody who'll listen.

Yeah,!!! Ok can we start the anti rifle,shotgun,pistol,black powder , bow talk now! I must say I have enjoyed these recent anti threads....
My other club I just learned removed steel targets now? The reason given is to many people bringing in shit steel targets and getting ricochet.

Allahsnackbar at least you ain't reloading that 45 ammo 1 round at a time with a lee classic loader. Seriously we had a member. ( actually nice guy) who would load one case over and over with a lee classic loader. He shot around 12-15 rounds per hour.... I,can't say much Sunday's growing up my dad would have us harvest lead from the range. Then while they smelted the lead we would load 38spl with a lee clasic loader. I was allowed to shoot 1 round out of 5 loaded. Fun days.

Last edited:

Funny thing is that I use cheap paper plates from the dollar store and draw a red dot in the middle with a sharpie. Lol. I shoot my flintlock with wads made from wasp nests and hit barndoor MOA.

Sent from my C6522N using Tapatalk

Last edited:
Me too. Rifle is not loaded, no mag, chamber flag... I rest it on my foot and people get pissed.

I hope those people never check the rifling before buying a gun, who would be stupid enough to triple check an unloaded gun and then point it at his/her face.

[smile]
Yeah I did it once, a Rso at the shoot got butt hurt at me.

I just joined Mom's Against FUDDs. I had to turn in all my plaid first though. [Rolleyes]

Sent from the Warlock Command Center

Ugghh..... paper only, steel ok if mounted 30" off the ground. No steel, no targets on the ground, bulls,eye paper targets only......my club is all over the place with "target rules". Took my daughter yesterday and fudd said no steel targets for kids...... I laughed out load and said show me that rule in writing! He got pissy....said don't you know who I am.(club range officer)Said yes and you can't follow written rules, where's your badge!(club rule is membership badge must be visable at all times) Ohh boy that got him flustered. I told him call the club president and get him down here I have a issue....he went back to scrounging for brass......

The latest is now I guess no more clay targets on the berm. When I was confronted by this I asked where is that posted? Our own club manual specifically states any and all rule changes need to be published in the club manual or in plain view on club property......... so I keep shooting clays.

Which club?

Not ours, our standing rule is ...you have to keep the burning car in front of the berm please.

Last edited:
Me too. Rifle is not loaded, no mag, chamber flag... I rest it on my foot and people get pissed.

I hope those people never check the rifling before buying a gun, who would be stupid enough to triple check an unloaded gun and then point it at his/her face.

[smile]

Difference is an open cleared gun vs a closed over under. Broken open I could care less, it cant fire.

My issue is the closed action shotguns being waved around after a few beers at the clubhouse and the "its empty, I didn't reload after getting off the range" excuse when its pointed at the back of my head as they sight along the rib. Any club serving beers is more of a social club than a gun club IMO

Haha.
Best line: "Garand-pa"

AA

This!

oh Ben.... lol

#flannelworn

d5b285be5b5c667f0dec1a79ef6b5df1.jpg

d1637d81b3ce00d9cf9a28ebc9ef26d7.jpg

Ben Got caught shooting sideways but an old guy in a camo hat and came home and made this thread

Nah shooting trap , Sick of the cool new fudds thinking my Remington sportsman 58 that was handed down to me wasn't good enough . I'm too poor to shoot trap because I'm using a "used" shotgun.
985ba2fd8b8a91201dcfd04251f1219c.jpg

They sing a different tune if you beat them. One of the guys in our club was a state champ one year back in the 70's. He shot an 870.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Nah shooting trap , Sick of the cool new fudds thinking my Remington sportsman 58 that was handed down to me wasn't good enough . I'm too poor to shoot trap because I'm using a "used" shotgun.
985ba2fd8b8a91201dcfd04251f1219c.jpg

Screw em man. Buy/borrow a saiga 12 and shoot some trap with them , throw a red dot sight on there as well [smile]

Back
Top Bottom