• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Feeling Anti-fudd

Hate both Tactical and Fudd equally......I shoot trap, skeet and AR's,glocks and hunt birds and deer, and bowhunt.

I just choose not to go over the top with either. I find people all decked out in tactical gear doing head wags, and rolls, as funny as some overdressed guy who walked out of the Cabela's magazine.
you and i arenon the same page. Same ideals. I also laugh my ass off at the deer hunters wearing $600 of camoflage clothing that is "silent hide" and "scent blocking" just to toss a orange vest and hat on. They look like the great uber hunter! My wife shot her deer last year sitting under a pine tree wearing jeans, a double knit arborwear grey sweatshirt and her $10 hunting vest and cap combo. LOL. Men were harvesting deer in field pants and carrhart coveralls long before scent blocker and under armor! My preferred deer hunting clothes are the same field pants i wear for pheasant squirrel rabbit, a caarhart green sweatshirt and of course the orange vest. Have had deer walk within 10 feet of me wearing that!

Lol I do this with my rifle at the car shoots...... I just find I get tired of holding it etc waiting in line .

I did that once at a car shoot and got yelled at for it. You must be part of the special class.

Last edited:
Nah shooting trap , Sick of the cool new fudds thinking my Remington sportsman 58 that was handed down to me wasn't good enough . I'm too poor to shoot trap because I'm using a "used" shotgun.
985ba2fd8b8a91201dcfd04251f1219c.jpg
Not all club trap ranges are like that. I shoot trap with a browning auto 5 and nobody has said shit to me. They are a good group!

These threads I find really funny, it kinda opened my eyes up to the differences between alot of gun owners. Im about 7 years into gun ownership and about 3 years into being a serious gun lover. The Tactical and fudd groups I never really had an opinion of either way, the only gun guys that bother the shit out of me is the tough guy/rude dealers and fellow gun owners. Some guys Ive talked too when I didnt know shit about guns really had an attitude and it kinda turned me off to even try to associate with people I didnt know that were into firearms. I think Im still into that thought process although I know what I like and seriously dont give a shit about who approves or not, NES for the most part has been pretty great for a forum though, I find that some other forums tend to be a little over the top with the key board commandos alot like a good amount of gun owners.

you and i arenon the same page. Same ideals. I also laugh my ass off at the deer hunters wearing $600 of camoflage clothing that is "silent hide" and "scent blocking" just to toss a orange vest and hat on. They look like the great uber hunter! My wife shot her deer last year sitting under a pine tree wearing jeans, a double knit arborwear grey sweatshirt and her $10 hunting vest and cap combo. LOL. Men were harvesting deer in field pants and carrhart coveralls long before scent blocker and under armor! My preferred deer hunting clothes are the same field pants i wear for pheasant squirrel rabbit, a caarhart green sweatshirt and of course the orange vest. Have had deer walk within 10 feet of me wearing that!

So many things have gotten so trendy in the last 35 years, it seems like every activity one might engage in has become an Arms Race about gear and training and trips to epic locations, and the desire to maintain an image that one thinks ones peers expect to see.

Last edited:
So many things have gotten so trendy in the last 35 years, it seems like every activity one might engage in has become an Arms Race about gear and training and trips to epic locations, and the desire to maintain an image that one thinks ones peers expect to see.

Exactly. I see the exact same thing with motorcycles.
Stopped at Stash's one mid-morning 'cause I saw some bikes I knew,
got the "we just did the 'big loop'" - they'd ridden fifty miles barhopping; I'd been in Burlington Vermont that morning.

I have short hair, and wear ballistic nylon riding gear, so got an attitude from some fck with a "live to ride" t-shirt who didn't even have a bike before I left. That was amusing.

Exactly. I see the exact same thing with motorcycles.
Stopped at Stash's one mid-morning 'cause I saw some bikes I knew,
got the "we just did the 'big loop'" - they'd ridden fifty miles barhopping; I'd been in Burlington Vermont that morning.

I have short hair, and wear ballistic nylon riding gear, so got an attitude from some fck with a "live to ride" t-shirt who didn't even have a bike before I left. That was amusing.

79b3c81d476f3ab4fae94253137efef3.jpg

#flannelworn will always be a thing bros. Always.

I'm a queer FUDD and always will be, the difference is I, and the fellers I try to associate with, actually use this shit, usually once or twice every year around november, unless its too cold. I like to be fat, bald, sweaty, and old, I also have a tendency to want to take my $4,000 over under to the range at least once a month and get some good quality time in with my butt buddies on the skeet range, that is if i dont get too hammer drunk at the bar before the shooting starts... ...But even if i do, **** it, I'm on the board, and think of it this way, they rationed grunts beer back in nam, i can handle this here boomstick just fine with double vision. Some, mind you some, "FUDD" equipment, if you know how to use it, helps you achieve goals, that's why I own it, nothing says i was once successful in life like spending $1,200 on a surplus matching numbers M1 Garand-pa. You may judge, but its a hobby of mine, some fellers play golf, listen to AM talk radio, meet up with old bitties at the coffee shop. Me I like to go down to the pistol range and take 25 minutes to fire a 7 round magazine off the benchrest with my Colt .45 at a paper plate, which is the only target I need, because everybody knows if i hit anywhere in the general vicinity with that good ol' .45, peoples limbs will be flying through the air. After all, shooting twice is stupid. Mainly, I just ****ing love being a grumpy ******* and making everybody else around me miserable because they dont do things the good old fashioned way. Honestly when i read on that there internet thing, posts by people who like to dress up like they're some kind of commando and run around on the range with them loud black guns, it just makes my head spin, you dont need that damn plastic gun to kill a deer son let me tell ya. If you dont wear square hats and fluorescent orange to the range then **** you, you can't learn me nothin, ill be up at the clubhouse getting shithoused and complaining about obama to anybody who'll listen.

I award thee 8 out of 10 on the scale of Fudd. Only deducted 2 points cause most fudds don't even own handguns or a Garand, but the general idea is there... including the SAUCING. [rofl]

-Mike

These threads I find really funny, it kinda opened my eyes up to the differences between alot of gun owners. Im about 7 years into gun ownership and about 3 years into being a serious gun lover. The Tactical and fudd groups I never really had an opinion of either way, the only gun guys that bother the shit out of me is the tough guy/rude dealers and fellow gun owners. Some guys Ive talked too when I didnt know shit about guns really had an attitude and it kinda turned me off to even try to associate with people I didnt know that were into firearms. I think Im still into that thought process although I know what I like and seriously dont give a shit about who approves or not, NES for the most part has been pretty great for a forum though, I find that some other forums tend to be a little over the top with the key board commandos alot like a good amount of gun owners.

There are a ton of range archetypes.

But none is more problematic overall, than fudds. Those are the people who put in shitty, untenable rules, and make everything miserable for everyone else. Worse yet many have a borg-like groupthink, so even when you can reason with one of them when it comes down time to vote on something they hurr durr and still suck for the groupthink.

-Mike

There are a ton of range archetypes.

But none is more problematic overall, than fudds. Those are the people who put in shitty, untenable rules, and make everything miserable for everyone else. Worse yet many have a borg-like groupthink, so even when you can reason with one of them when it comes down time to vote on something they hurr durr and still suck for the groupthink.

-Mike

I think fudds are more cyber men then Borg. Borg will adapt.

who is more likely to bring like 4 first time shooters to the range, while one shoots the others just stand there like douche billboards in the other three lanes? Well maybe not fudds as they don't own handguns. I think those people are just called A holes.

Honestly, I don't think it's fuds vs Tacticools, it's A holes vs good guys.

But, I guess if I have to choose one, going home thinking "what was wrong with that guy, getting on my case.."
Or " where is that funny rule from ? so many other clubs allow it with no issues, it's one of the things that takes fun out of shooting"
-it would be caused by a fudd.

For the record, I shoot trap with a Moss. 500, no issues at my club. Just don't load the tube. one in chamber, shoot, wait for next turn, repeat.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom