• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Feds bust Weymouth, MA man on weapons charges; production of weapons.

After a 2 month investigation, the FBI have arrested a Weymouth, MA man on weapons charges and more according to The Boston Herald and Fox 25.

WEYMOUTH, Mass. —A Weymouth man will appear in federal court Wednesday after agents pulled gun after gun out of his home.
Robert Kurtzer was arrested and charged Tuesday night on the charge of being a felon in possession of firearms and ammunition.

The affidavit stated that the FBI was investigating Kurtzer's activities for the past two months. On Tuesday, a trooper stopped his pick-up truck based on an alleged marked lanes violation. The trooper noticed that Kurtzer had a large knife attached to his hip and a canister of O/C spray, said police. The trooper asked Kurtzer if there were any weapons in the vehicle and Kurtzer replied, "lots of them," according to documents.
A pat frisk of Kurtzer recovered a 10.5 Smith and Wesson fixed blade knife, a canister of Sabre Red O/C spray, $6,000 in U.S. currency, a pill bottle, a .300 AAC BLK caliber bullet, several .22 caliber long rifle ammunition, 7 .45 caliber Winchester ammunition, and two Suboxone strips, said court documents.
When asked if he had a FID card, Kurzter allegedly said, "I don't have one," and was subsequently placed under arrest.
Following the arrest, the FBI searched Kurtzer's residence, with the consent of his girlfriend. During the searched of 42B Memorial Dr., police found the following weapons, according to court documents:

• Two assault rifles
  • Marlin bolt-action rifle with an obliterated serial number
  • Two handguns (including a .45 caliber pistol and Colt MKIV Series 80 pistol)
  • Numerous weapons parts for use in the assembly of assault rifles and handguns
  • One firearm silencer
  • About six unfinished, partly assembled firearm silencers
  • Numerous rounds of various ammunition
  • Milling machinery to used to manufacture handguns and rifles
At Kurtzer's storage unit in Weymouth, police recovered about 671 rounds of various ammunition, said court documents.
Kurzter has a lengthy criminal history, with 52 adult arraignments, five prior restraining orders and a felony armed robbery conviction.

http://www.fox25boston.com/news/weymouth-man-accused-of-making-guns-to-appear-in-court/399406168

https://imgur.com/a/LmaS8

Guy seems interested in air rifles: https://www.youtube.com/user/newenglandhvac

FIP, obliterated serial #s, 5 restraining orders, 1 round of .300 AAC - this guy is in trouble. Does it take the FBI 2 months to look into something like this, or did the MSP blow a larger investigation?

Looks like he was living over in Lake St.

Last edited:
Interesting. Too bad all that machinery will no doubt be framed as for the production of firearms, not air rifles. Doesn't seem like they found very much if he was producing actual firearms.

I'll bet they missed the shovels that he had in the basement that were ready to become killey rifles.

"Kurzter has a lengthy criminal history, with 52 adult arraignments, five prior restraining orders and a felony armed robbery conviction".

The armed robbery conviction, if legit, is enough for me to not give a damn what happens to him.

52 adult arraignments, five prior restraining orders and a felony armed robbery conviction. this guy has been busy considering he is in his mid 30's

From '13:

http://archive.boston.com/yourtown/news/quincy/2013/01/quincy_scanner_tales_man_arres_13.html

Man arrested for graveyard target practice

A Weymouth man was arrested for shooting targets in a Quincy cemetery with an augmented sniper rifle, Quincy police said.

According to police, officers received a call at approximately 2:30 p.m. on Friday afternoon from a man in the cemetery saying he saw another man with a rifle.

Officers arrived on scene and spoke with the witness, who said he was going to his mother's grave to drop off some flowers when he saw the suspect lying behind the rifle in the graveyard.

He called police to report the incident. The suspect then approached him and pushed the witness against the hood of his car until police arrived.

Police said the suspect was dressed head to toe in camouflage and had a long-range 50 caliber rifle with a tripod attached. A target was approximately 50 feet away.

According to police, the suspect had augmented the rifle so that it could shoot bullets in a different way. The suspect told police he found instructions on how to augment the rifle on the Internet.

Police also discovered two rifles, an air pistol, and several air cannons in the suspect’s car along with some Adderall.

Robert Kurtzer, 33, from Weymouth, was arrested and charged with disturbing the peace, possession of a Class B substance, possession of ammunition components, and carrying a dangerous weapon.

I love how the non-shooting public thinks 600 rounds of ammunition is alot [rofl] they always mention the amount of ammunition in articles like these, like it makes any difference

According to police, the suspect had augmented the rifle so that it could shoot bullets in a different way. The suspect told police he found instructions on how to augment the rifle on the Internet.

WTF?

"Kurzter has a lengthy criminal history, with 52 adult arraignments, five prior restraining orders and a felony armed robbery conviction".

The armed robbery conviction, if legit, is enough for me to not give a damn what happens to him.

I'm on this side of the fence unless something comes into a better light but I gotta ask.

Will they try and make milling machines illegal?

- - - Updated - - -

I love how the non-shooting public thinks 600 rounds of ammunition is alot [rofl] they always mention the amount of ammunition in articles like these, like it makes any difference

I have a lot more than that in my range bag right now. The horror of it all. [smile]

- - - Updated - - -

I have a lot more than that in my range bag right now. The horror of it all. [smile][/QUOTE]

Drone incoming...

Like everyone, my suspicion is always before I read these threads that some lawful citizen, carrying the requisite licenses and behaving as he/she should, is getting jacked up for some contrived BS charges. Well, we know that happens, but it's typically fools like this who have no regard nor interest in anything other than doing stupid shit.

Not always. For this clown, stupid shit will fall under "shall be incarcerated".

I realize that is what our current laws state. However in reality all I see is a bunch of stupid shit that doesn't reach the level of harming others. Has he done other shit that harms others? Yep. Shooting an air rifle and spinning some steel aren't exactly the same as blowing up buildings.

I realize that is what our current laws state. However in reality all I see is a bunch of stupid shit that doesn't reach the level of harming others. Has he done other shit that harms others? Yep. Shooting an air rifle and spinning some steel aren't exactly the same as blowing up buildings.

This guy is probably a nuclear grade shitbird (I don't think you get convicted of armed robbery and get 5 ROs on you just by having bad luck) but it shows you the sorry state of the system if they have to resort to bogus/flimsy gun violations to lock him up again. Worse yet, half of the shit will get dropped and he'll walk again in probably a couple years or less, who knows.

-Mike

Back
Top Bottom