• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Feds arrest armed Colorado man after remark about Boulder massacre

Reptile

NES Member

Vannoy made an initial court appearance in Iowa on Friday afternoon​

An Iowa gun store refused to sell a semi-automatic rifle to a heavily armed and agitated Colorado man after he said he was surprised his friends didn’t suspect he was the Boulder mass shooter, according to federal court documents released Friday.

The Nebraska State Patrol initially arrested the self-described firearms enthusiast, Adam Vannoy, 40, on March 14 on Interstate 80 in Lancaster County. Another driver had called police to report he was driving recklessly at about 120 mph.

During a search of his packed truck, troopers seized a handgun from Vannoy’s jacket, a loaded AR-style semi-automatic rifle with an illegal silencer, four other firearms, ammunition, a bulletproof blanket and vest, two brown wigs and an Air Force costume. They also found marijuana.

They jailed the Denver man on weapons and drug charges. He was released after posting $5,000 bond on March 17, even though he threatened to kill a guard, exposed his penis to guards and threw feces from his cell into a common area, according to a federal complaint unsealed Friday.

Six days later, on Tuesday, Vannoy tried to purchase an AR-style rifle from Sportsman’s Warehouse in Ankeny, Iowa, near Des Moines, the complaint said.

The store denied the sale after Vannoy said he was surprised his friends hadn’t called to find out if he was responsible for Monday's shooting in Boulder in which a 21-year-old man is charged with killing 10 people at a grocery store. Vannoy also said he had 500 rounds of ammunition in his truck.

In addition to denying the sale, the store notified the Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms and Explosives about his comments. Agents arrested Vannoy in Iowa this week on a new federal charge stemming from the Nebraska traffic stop, illegal possession of a firearm as an unlawful user of marijuana.

Vannoy made an initial court appearance in Iowa on Friday afternoon. U.S. Magistrate Judge Stephen Jackson ordered Vannoy temporarily detained pending further proceedings, including a potential transfer to face the charge in Nebraska. He also ruled that Vannoy qualified financially to be represented by a lawyer at federal taxpayer expense.

Videos posted by Vannoy on Instagram include a receipt showing he purchased nearly $3,000 in merchandise at Brownells, a large firearms and accessories retailer in Grinnell, Iowa, after his release from Nebraska custody. He said in the videos that the best way to show the Nebraska State Patrol that he wasn’t plotting anything nefarious was to rearm himself.

"While we do not disclose customer order details, I can say that Brownells did not sell this person any firearms," company spokesman Ryan Repp said Friday evening.

Vannoy said his truck was packed with all of his belongings, including the wigs and Air Force costume, since he was abruptly leaving Colorado. Records show he told a Nebraska trooper during the stop that he was leaving Denver because his neighbors didn’t like him, he had a mental breakdown and quit his job. He told the trooper that he would use his time in jail to "think about getting even with people," a remark the trooper viewed as threatening.

He drove from Denver To Dezz Moineeeez to buy a gun??? That alone should put him on the crazy scale. LOL

120 on the interstate. Yikes! Strike two.

"Yeah, surprised I wasn't the shooter." Strike 3.

And that skips the exposure and poop-tossing.

Damn! LOL

You can't stop crazy. Sure, they can take away his guns and then we are all safe. . . except for there is no background check for a machete or a Chevy Tahoe.

even though he threatened to kill a guard, exposed his penis to guards and threw feces from his cell into a common area, according to a federal complaint unsealed Friday...

He did it all wrong you’re supposed to smear the shit on yourself like warpaint. Then cause a physical altercation with people. I’m just kidding that’s a little extreme..

They usually shut the toilet off in case you swallow drugs so they can charge you. Don’t f*** with the sink in a holding cell..

They just shut your water off then you’ve got no water and toilet full of shit

There’s a lot of things you don’t say in a gun store. This guy hit the trifecta. Usually I just want to pay my $35 and leave. I’m so glad I never have to go to another gun store in my life

It’s got to be a pretty bad when an ffl calls the ATF to be like, hey this guy is a whack job...The typical level of retard FFLs have to deal with is unbelievable..I feel bad for the FFL he’s like “I think I have to call somebody” good for him though

Agents arrested Vannoy in Iowa this week on a new federal charge stemming from the Nebraska traffic stop, illegal possession of a firearm as an unlawful user of marijuana.
Well that answers that question
("has ATF really been far even as decided to use even go want to do look more like
preferring pot FPP charges to jack someone up?"
).
Although if the Feds actually gave an F,
they could have taken him directly into custody from Nebraska
instead of waiting for him to further offend in Iowa.

If you're throwing feces, maybe it's time to be locked up. That is the only red flag law I would agree to.
What have you got against Corrections Officers?

The ones in county lock-up might favor
the subtle and nuanced use of low bail
to release all the poop-slingers.
Then when they go to work,
at least it'd be the one place they're safe from that. [shocked]

Well that answers that question
("has ATF really been far even as decided to use even go want to do look more like
preferring pot FPP charges to jack someone up?"
).
Although if the Feds actually gave an F,
they could have taken him directly into custody from Nebraska
instead of waiting for him to further offend

He basically went right out and might as well have posted a video of himself buying a gun with a joint in his mouth. ... [rofl]

Was this playing in sportsmans warehouse when he showed up?

View: https://youtu.be/DOUYA5akv70

Legalize dope the said, it will be fun they said. WTF is wrong with CO? [rofl]
I suspect there's more in that guys system than just weed. [rofl]

Wouldn't that make it more of a brown flag law?
Cultural reference.

His problems aren't caused by pot, and almost certainly pre-date legalization.
53nhwt.jpg

It’s got to be a pretty bad when an ffl calls the ATF to be like, hey this guy is a whack job...The typical level of retard FFLs have to deal with is unbelievable..I feel bad for the FFL he’s like “I think I have to call somebody” good for him though
Someone will be along to call the dealer anti 2A and want to boycott his store shortly.

even though he threatened to kill a guard, exposed his penis to guards and threw feces from his cell into a common area, according to a federal complaint unsealed Friday...

He did it all wrong you’re supposed to smear the shit on yourself like warpaint. Then cause a physical altercation with people. I’m just kidding that’s a little extreme..

They usually shut the toilet off in case you swallow drugs so they can charge you. Don’t f*** with the sink in a holding cell..

They just shut your water off then you’ve got no water and toilet full of shit
Sounds like someone has had experience?

During a search of his packed truck, troopers seized a handgun from Vannoy’s jacket, a loaded AR-style semi-automatic rifle with an illegal silencer, four other firearms, ammunition, a bulletproof blanket and vest, two brown wigs and an Air Force costume

???

1617099117618.png

Pscilocybin is legal in Colorado. I would be interested in knowing if he was using those.

I suspect the only way this is drug related is the guys off his meds or should be on more....
It also sounds to me he wasn’t just making an off-colored joke...Whatever he said and how he said it definitely made the FFL beyond just uncomfortable...

Ive bought 1000+ rds of various handgun caliber ammo at Walmart and the clerk says something stupid like “what are you hunting” my response is “people”....I mean what a stupid question to ask.

Back
Top Bottom