• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Federal judge orders AG Healey to appear for deposition Dec 13th

Unless you're about 120 years old I'm going to have to call you out on that one.......

[smile]

And if you are going to make their life hell then all the more power to you........but it sure seems like Mass gun owners cant seem to muster any effort/resistence of significance

Old enough to remember when you could run down to the hardware store and grab a box of ammo off the shelf on the way to the sandpit to shoot.
Old enough to remember when we drove around with our guns in a rack in the back window of the pickup.
Old enough to remember walking a couple of miles to the dump with our .22's over our shoulders to go spend an afternoon shooting rats and if the cops came down it was to ask how many we got.
Surely old enough to remember Maura Healy is a gift from the "Free state" of NH. [wink]

Also, not every fight for gun rights goes on in front of the TV cameras.

Let me join in: I'm defiantly old enough to have had an FID card that was good for life, Had a pick-up with my guns in racks in the rear window that I drove up I-95 from Mass. to Maine. to go hunting. (try that today) And last but by far the least to remember when .22 ammo was plentiful and $.03 or $.04 a round at Colemans Sporting Goods in Danvers. Guess I forgot.. Damn well old enough to remember when the politicians that lead our state at least came from our state. Not imported from Oklahoma (Dizzy Lizzy), Florida (Deval Patrick) or like Dadstoy said NH .

Last edited:
Forgive me for asking the question

But if the majority of gun owners/other folks know that there is absolutely no hope for justice and no way that THEY would get a fair shake if they found themselves on the wrong end of gov's focus.......why do so many people continue to make no effort to leave Mass?

Is it like Stockholm Syndrome? (Mass Gun Owners Syndrome?)
Here we go with this again?.."Forgive me" for answering the question (again).
OK, let's see...A very steady MA job (which isn't transferable), expense of moving, finding a new home, money for new home, family, money, wife's family, kids, money, roots, friendships, family, money, medical issues, business, money, expenses, money, more money, lack of money, no money (etc etc etc)....

With all due respect, the NES answer is always "just move"... But... The real world doesn't always work that way, jpk. Some folks simply don't have the opportunity to leave...(or they would have fled. LONG ago).

Last edited:
The difference between tucking tail and running or taking the fight to the enemy. It is better to have fought and lost than to not fight at all.....
The "free" states should be thankful for us M*******s that continue to stand our ground and be a battleground, this allows the "free" states to continue to make strides towards increased freedoms while the libtards have to devote more energy to keep what they have here.....
Excellent response, baby g.. and a huge +1

Old enough to remember when you could run down to the hardware store and grab a box of ammo off the shelf on the way to the sandpit to shoot.
Old enough to remember when we drove around with our guns in a rack in the back window of the pickup.
Old enough to remember walking a couple of miles to the dump with our .22's over our shoulders to go spend an afternoon shooting rats and if the cops came down it was to ask how many we got.
Surely old enough to remember Maura Healy is a gift from the "Free state" of NH. [wink]

Sounds like my youth as well...

I applaud folks that make the effort.....would love to see more Mass gun owners make it

You have a lot more gun owners in Mass than we do across the border but somehow it seems no one shows up for hearings/other in significant numbers
Ni, actually what you're doing (whether you realize it or not), is (rather childishly) saying "Nyah-nyah HA HA, I've got mine, you don't. I moved. You should too and if you don't then Nyah-nyah HA HA" (etc etc).

All of us in MA are very extremely happy for you and jealous of you, etc.. for running as fast and as far as you could. You've got yours, we don't, and you're better, smarter, wiser, tougher, stronger, etc.

Satisfied?

1). How many people here have children that they do not want to pull away from school and friends?
2). How many here are older and nearing retirement in the job they are in anyway?
3). How many here are currently under-water (debt/value) with their home mortgage?
4). How many people here have family obligations as care givers or guardians.
5.) How many people here have medical issues tying them to the robust area health facilities?

#2, #4, and #5 certainly balance very, very heavily against moving out of the state (spitting distance for me) because of issues such as frustration with the AG's behavior.

Except that the choice is rarely this simple....There's a bunch of other logistical issues that play into the decision, as well, for a lot of people. (taking care of elderly parents, crap like that). Some guys run businesses in MA, that sort of thing, as well. Pain in the ass
to move away from that.

I'd be long gone by now but I have a little debt to pay off and some work that I need to do to my house. Hindsight being 20/20 if I knew 15+ years ago what I know now, I would not have stayed in MA. Several of my friends right here on this board figured this out in time and got the **** out, but not everyone was that lucky.

Let me join in: I'm definitely old enough to have had an FID card that was good for life...

Heh. That "card" is paper!

...And still get excited when you enter a shop where you can "touch" the boxes of ammo you intend to buy!

True.

Last edited:
OK so now I unsure if this is an inquiry into people's mindset and reasoning for remaining in MA or self-congratulatory imbued instruction to those of us too dim to see the light.

If it is the latter then sanctuary is just past the boarder, you made it, we didn't, props to you, I would politely ask can we leave it at the curb? There are few in this audience that would be so blissfully unaware of their circumstance as to need a reminder or a road map to freedom.

If it is the former then examples of cogent questions might be...

1). How many people here have children that they do not want to pull away from school and friends?
2). How many here are older and nearing retirement in the job they are in anyway?
3). How many here are currently under-water (debt/value) with their home mortgage?
4). How many people here have family obligations as care givers or guardians.
5.) How many people here have medical issues tying them to the robust area health facilities?
6.) How many of you want me to stop these inanely easy to reason examples?

Now as an old dude, with a lot of mortgage and a little house, and not all his original organs, I am eager to pick on the Mass AG here rather than each other and I thank you for your time.

2) OK, but once you hit retirement you really have to think about escaping as MA Death Tax is 16% of one's estate if it exceeds $1Million (many of us have houses worth 1/2 that or more or they will be worth that by the time we die) from the FIRST DOLLAR!!!

5) The reason I want to move to SE NH, within an hour drive of the best hospitals in the country . . . just in case as we get older.

Let me join in: I'm defiantly old enough to have had an FID card that was good for life, Had a pick-up with my guns in racks in the rear window that I drove up I-95 from Mass. to Maine. to go hunting. (try that today) And last but by far the least to remember when .22 ammo was plentiful and $.03 or $.04 a round at Colemans Sporting Goods in Danvers. Guess I forgot.. Damn well old enough to remember when the politicians that lead our state at least came from our state. Not imported from Oklahoma (Dizzy Lizzy), Florida (Deval Patrick) or like Dadstoy said NH .

When I was a Boy Scout in Scout Camp they charged us $1/box of 50 and Curran's Hardware in Randolph charged only $0.50/box!

Here we go with this again?.."Forgive me" for answering the question (again).
OK, let's see...A very steady MA job (which isn't transferable), expense of moving, finding a new home, money for new home, family, money, wife's family, kids, money, roots, friendships, family, money, medical issues, business, money, expenses, money, more money, lack of money, no money (etc etc etc)....

With all due respect, the NES answer is always "just move"... But... The real world doesn't always work that way, jpk. Some folks simply don't have the opportunity to leave...(or they would have fled. LONG ago).

I suspect most that say "just move" are renting a couple room apartment and can indeed just "up and move" pretty easily. Those of us with houses are typically looking at $30-50K in moving expenses to "just up and move" . . . RE fees for selling, closing costs at 2 ends, paying a mover, etc. It certainly isn't trivial. I still hope to pull this off as soon as my Wife agrees, but I know that it will be expensive to do so.

Yup, too bad we can't send her back to Hampton Falls, tarred and feathered.

Yup, too bad we can't send her back to Hampton Falls, tarred and feathered.

Ukraine, 2 years ago, customs agent who was demanding bribes

C40VZJZXAAgtyHY.jpg

Well, it looks like this case is not going forward in Texas.

Order
After careful consideration of the parties’ briefs regarding whether the Court
has personal jurisdiction over Defendants Eric Tradd Schneiderman, Attorney
General of New York, and Maura Tracy Healey, Attorney General of Massachusetts,
the Court TRANSFERS this action, in the interest of justice, to the United States
District Court for the Southern District of New York, Manhattan Division, pursuant
to 28 U.S.C. § 1406(a) for all future proceedings.

I assume this is not good.

Apparently this guy was appointed by GW, for what that is worth.

I too assume that any judge in Manhattan is going to side with the moonbats, regardless of the facts/evidence. Someone prove me wrong. The contemporary left is all about lawfare.

Back
Top Bottom