Family plans to destroy inherited guns

happens more than we care to know.
My friend from years back let the surrendered their dad's gun collection to police be cause no one wanted to get a gun license... approx 40k worth of some really nice cool guns.
I was passed when he I finally found out. I shot with his dad many many times growing up.
Neighbor would not sell me her husband's guns after he died even though it was a verbal request from him to do so. Later found out she turned them in and requested they be destroyed. Few nice pieces there also

I don't have a lot of guns. I told my wife even though their value is less than XXk it's still money and I have already given her the names of several gun stores that will either buy them outright or sell them on consignment. I have hand receipts already filled foir each gun so she can have a receipt for each firearm she surrenders to an FFL. I know they will have paperwork but so will she just to CHA. She is also on track to take her basic firearms safety course in July. She finally agreed that she needed the LTC in case something happened to me then she wouldn't be in illegal possession of firearms at any point should I suddenly......well.....I don't like to talk about that...lol Anyway, I had to promise her that I would not be sending her to the store to buy ammo and that she was under no obligation to buy me a gun for my birthday or anything like that. Oh yeah, I also have to take her to dinner.

As for that family that just shows you how brainwashed they are. I can understand that they don't want the firearms in the wrong hands...and that's fine. They could be sold to a collector or a dealer who would ensure they would be sold to responsible gun owners and probably at least some of them could be museum quality. That's a lot of guns. He has to have had one or two good ones.

My mom, as she got over 90, made it a point to GIVE AWAY her most favorite possessions to the kids and grandkids. By the time she passed, there really was not much left except some bigger paintings and vases in her condo. All her jewelry had long ago been given away.

THAT is how to do it. When you get older and really are not using your stuff much.....and nephew timmy is coming over for a visit....pass along that 1911 your dad had from WWII. Niece sally coming over, pass along that cute little shotgun.....

If my kids end up anything like me they will be cheep bastard and destroying that much property would piss them off as well. Even if they don't want it they will sell it (and get a good price), though they may grow up more like me then I want and just do it the lazy way and sell it all to one ffl at a discount to get it done with....

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

https://coub.com/view/bksqiz0

big_1409618267_1382492707_image.jpg

My kids are not into guns. I don't want them disposing of my guns. I have it in my will to donate all of my guns, ammo and related to my local club to be used in youth shooting programs or disposed of as they see fit. I would rather have my fellow shooters decide what to do with my guns than my family except for my wife who is also a shooter.

My wife has her LTC and we have a will only because of her nagging at me to get it done. We have many friends who she can call on to help on turning them into cash. I'm betting most of these people will take the opportunity to purchase a few for themselves.

Our wills will specify that when we are both gone, any remaining guns/ammo/etc. will be donated to Comm2A and hopefully fund a few lawsuits.

No children and personal friends/family are all liberals who hate guns, so the solution was simple.

You should plan for this. In my safe is a letter that starts: "if you are reading this, I'm probably dead" and goes to list the approximate value and places I'd trust to buy. Right now I'm more worried about my kids fighting over who gets what than them ending on the scrap heap

You should plan for this. In my safe is a letter that starts: "if you are reading this, I'm probably dead" and goes to list the approximate value and places I'd trust to buy. Right now I'm more worried about my kids fighting over who gets what than them ending on the scrap heap

I have something similar. My safe is full of iron pipe and a note that says, "If you're reading this you're probably the police. Nice try gay boys."

Correct me if I'm wrong, but I believe they will owe taxes on the value of the guns, over $600k. Also, I hope the media posts their names.....easy pickens for a home invasion by thugs looking for gun free zones.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but I believe they will owe taxes on the value of the guns, over $600k. Also, I hope the media posts their names.....easy pickens for a home invasion by thugs looking for gun free zones.

[shocked] I'll admit I have a problem but is sure as hell isn't a $600K issue. [shocked]

[smile]

Our wills will specify that when we are both gone, any remaining guns/ammo/etc. will be donated to Comm2A and hopefully fund a few lawsuits.

No children and personal friends/family are all liberals who hate guns, so the solution was simple.

Well, if your you meet your end under suspicious circumstances I guess we'll know who to talk to....lol J/K....lmao...

That's very cool.

THAT is how to do it. When you get older and really are not using your stuff much.....and nephew timmy is coming over for a visit....pass along that 1911 your dad had from WWII. Niece sally coming over, pass along that cute little shotgun.....

very true and how i got my colt combat commander. was invited to dinner at an elderly friends home, after, over drinks, he presented the gun to me. my friend is gone now but for sure not forgotten.

lol, he was pissed he had to get up out of the recliner to get the transfer done.

This reminds me of what happened to the 2 Lugers my Grandfather brought back from WW2 just on a much much larger scale. Grandpa died, my dingbat lefty uncles each got one of the guns and then promptly gave them away because they had no interest in getting LTCs and becoming gun owners. It wasn't to make a statement or anything but still. The dude they gave the guns to died some years back and I believe the guns were collected and "disposed of" by the cops. [sad2]

I bet they will burn the $250,000 in cash too. After all, cash is used all the time to do bad and illegal things. They need to do this to send a message.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-J320A using Tapatalk

I hope he haunts the shit out of them for the rest of their lives and is waiting at the gate to the afterlife to kick them square in the balls.

Everything (3 generations worth) goes to my son and I already told him is he ever sold it off , poltergeist would look like a kiddy show when I came back. [smile]

In the grand scheme of things, this is nothing but a spoiled brat holding his breath until he turns blue and dies - and succeeds.

OK, so there are 1500 fewer guns on the used market - meaning the buyers will have to buy new guns, and generate more employment for gun manufacturers.

Nobody is being hurt except the asshats destroying the guns. Yup. That'll sure teach me a lesson.

Back
Top Bottom