• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Family Member Was a Road Rage Victim

Is the girl an accomplice?

Fixxah, you know I have seen mention of that yet. I would imagine that they would press for that if for no other reason than to get damning information from her. We have no confirmation of her relation to him or of her actual presence in the vehicle. She was mentioned by witnesses but that's all I heard about.

Last edited:
Sorry to hear about that, but don't put any blame on your uncle. One (seemingly) harmless action can result in a situation like that.

I was once involved in a bad road rage incident. Traveling on 140S in Taunton, approaching the Target/Home Depot, a Ford Bronco attempts to pass me in the breakdown lane. I move over a little to block him, and that's where everything started. He passes me by violating the double yellow, I stop. He stops, backs up, and approaches my car. I safely drive by him and his truck, and he follows me.

I take a bunch of back roads I know, trying to get to the closest police station that I know of (Raynham). As we're a few miles out, he passes me again on a small road, parks in the middle, and I pull into a dirt lot to try to get away. He gets out, approaches my car, and I remained there as I didn't want to run him over. He starts yelling at me, punches the window (left it closed, doors locked), then leaves after yelling again.

The best part is his reason for being pissed at me. People like me are "responsible for the death of his nephew". All I did was block his illegal pass. While he was telling me that, he left his toddler in the truck parked in the middle of the road (awesome dad). Police showed up, nothing can be proven so no charges, but the cop told me where he lived (my now-wife and I both memorized his plate). Of course I did nothing to return his nice behavior, not worth ruining my life.

Maybe your uncle followed my "rule" on merging, one car from left, one from right. Maybe Erik wanted to break that rule.

All you did was play traffic cop. If someone wants to speed or pass illegally it is not your job to police them, just let them do what they want to. IMO you are just as much at fault in that incident as an instigator.

Thanks for sharing that and I'm glad it worked out safely in the end for you. Although I usually follow the "rule" of a zipper merge, if someone is self important enough to want to race in front of me they can have it. Life's to short to give a crap about being 16 feet in front of someone. No one appointed me "keeper of the merge rule" or any other traffic rule. To tell the truth, driving is a whole lot more pleasant since I've adopted that attitude. When you let folks who don't play by the rules piss you off, you spend a lot of time pissed off. [wink]

+1,000,000!!!

There is nowhere in life I need to be unless someone is bleeding in my car that an extra 5 minutes will be critical.

I teach this to all my students as this is the most likely way of getting into a deadly confrontation for most of us. Slow down, let the a**h*** take the lane and relax. Life is just easier that way.

Back
Top Bottom