• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Family fun day

Well wifey and I discussed what to do today. We asked my son Zachary (5 YO) what he wanted to do today. he made a gesture of shooting a gun as he saw me the night before cleaning some. So that sealed it, we were going to the range, and my boy was going to fire his first real gun. What was it? WWII Inland paratrooper :D

enjoy the vids

Wifey firing the M1A1.

Me on my M1 Garand

Me on Eddystone M-1917

and me on my 1942 Savage Mk1 No4

Me on M1A1

Last edited by a moderator:
that was wifeys fault. she left them on the table, and after an hour drive to get there to find out decided do a few shots and leave so wasnt a total wasted trip.

My kids aren't even allowed near a range without eye and ear protection... If nothing else, you could have at least let him wear your wife's sunglasses.. I am a huge advocate of bringing kids to the range and allowing them to shoot when it's done safely, so i applaud your intent, but it was a bad idea.. No eyes= no shooting..

[cheers]

Looks like some quality outside time!

No big deal on the glasses.

They should be worn but firing off a few shots can be done without them [wink]

Hell, I grew up not using eye or ear protection, no one did then! Everyone smoked too!

I do use them all the time now when I shoot. Good deal on taking everyone shooting, no biggie on the forgetfulness of the wife. (sure, toss her under the bus!)

LOL thanks. he enjoyed it, even though only fired 3 rounds as I was weary of the glasses situation. Was a proud moment to be a dad to see my kid enjoy shooting as much as I do (his mom will be on warpath about it but tough as its a far left liberal household. He was safe, under my direct control, and he got alot of lessons of not touching one if he sees one without me ect ect for last 5 months so F her.). next time plan to spend longer than 10 mins there, and put as shooting kit in car theith ear muffs and glasses so no more forgetting.

Her defense I did forget to pack her ruger 45/22 and she wasnt happy about that. but she loved the carbine, so was still a win win there. we both goofed.

Ohwell next time ill get better vids. Maybe bump him up to the tommy gun :D

Last edited:
for even more Family Fun - take 'em to the Big MOE in Sturbridge on Sept 25th
(Nat'l Hunting & Fishing Day)
Lots of Wicked Cool Stuff! So awesome you won't believe it (& free!)
http://fawnsexpo.com/

Hell, I grew up not using eye or ear protection, no one did then! Everyone smoked too!

I do use them all the time now when I shoot. Good deal on taking everyone shooting, no biggie on the forgetfulness of the wife. (sure, toss her under the bus!)

They also used lead in house paint back then, doesn't mean it was a good idea..
Piss-poor safety practices are why people get hurt.

for even more Family Fun - take 'em to the Big MOE in Sturbridge on Sept 25th
(Nat'l Hunting & Fishing Day)
Lots of Wicked Cool Stuff! So awesome you won't believe it (& free!)
http://fawnsexpo.com/

Today, 9-4.

They also used lead in house paint back then, doesn't mean it was a good idea..
Piss-poor safety practices are why people get hurt.

Lead paint was great. Now we have peeling, fading, cracking, and blistering paint; all because someone couldn't stop their kid from gnawing on a window sill?

Back
Top Bottom