"Fall Walls"

New this year!

We will be having a "Fall Walls" on October 26th at Wallum Lake Rod & Gun Club.

It will be another Mini Walls type competition. Around 25 targets per stage. Maximum of two guns per shooter and if you are shooting two guns you must shoot in two different time slots. 9:00 AM and 2:00 PM are the start times. Shooters meeting half an hour before start times, registration 45 minutes before first shots.

Please get your forms in as soon as possible. This match will sell out again. The forms can be found at www.wallsofsteel.com

Jim

Hmm.. Sophies choice: Fall mini-WoS or USPSA shotgun at New Bedford... I guess it is a good thing that there are so many choices on any given weekend. I wish I could do both: [sad] multi-gun, action rifle and shotgun are hard to come by in these parts.

I better stock up on more mags for mini walls. As bad as I shot at the last steel challenge I'm guessing I'm going to need about 5 more mags. This will be my second mini walls and I'm looking forward to it.

I better stock up on more mags for mini walls. As bad as I shot at the last steel challenge I'm guessing I'm going to need about 5 more mags. This will be my second mini walls and I'm looking forward to it.

[sigh] I could have used something belt-fed.

New this year!

We will be having a "Fall Walls" on October 26th at Wallum Lake Rod & Gun Club.

It will be another Mini Walls type competition. Around 25 targets per stage. Maximum of two guns per shooter and if you are shooting two guns you must shoot in two different time slots. 9:00 AM and 2:00 PM are the start times. Shooters meeting half an hour before start times, registration 45 minutes before first shots.

Please get your forms in as soon as possible. This match will sell out again. The forms can be found at www.wallsofsteel.com

Jim

Sounds interesting. I think I saw this is RI. What are rules for MA residents to come there to compete? Do we need some sort of non-resident permit?

Never done anything like this before, but it looks interesting.

Thanks.

Sounds interesting. I think I saw this is RI. What are rules for MA residents to come there to compete? Do we need some sort of non-resident permit?

Never done anything like this before, but it looks interesting.

Thanks.

I'm interested in this also. After a quick look in RI law section it seems as long as unloaded and secured " out of reach" you are OK. Hopefully someone who know the law better will add to this

I'm interested in this also. After a quick look in RI law section it seems as long as unloaded and secured " out of reach" you are OK. Hopefully someone who know the law better will add to this

Lock up ALL firearm/ ammo / magazines etc.and put in trunk. As long as you have your Mass license your fine to transport it to the club.

What about a pick up/ no trunk?

Locked container - same way you transport in MA.

whats the distance on these?
The distance to the targets is fairly close, I'd say they range about 25-40'
Various sizes and shapes of steel, some are very challenging to hit quickly

With 25-30 targets per stage, 5 magazines should be ok

(if you suck and miss a lot and run dry after 50 rounds, just stop and begin to prepare yourself mentally for the embarrassment of the next stage)

f you suck and miss a lot and run dry after 50 rounds, just stop and begin to prepare yourself mentally for the embarrassment of the next stage)

That's what I do

(if you suck and miss a lot and run dry after 50 rounds, just stop and begin to prepare yourself mentally for the embarrassment of the next stage)[/QUOTE]

This brings back memories of stage 1 jitters last year. I had 5 mags and I finished with 3 rounds left. I had only been shooting for about 3 months before last year's mini walls. And of course I was last to shoot on that squad so I had not only my entire squad waiting for me but the squad behind us was a super squad and finish there stage quickly so they were all waiting and watching. It was nerve racking but once the first stage was out of the way I shot a lot better.

My buddy goes up with 7-10 mags depending on how he thinks he's gonna do. I've gotten to the point I take six, seven if it looks like I'll need it.

My buddy goes up with 7-10 mags depending on how he thinks he's gonna do. I've gotten to the point I take six, seven if it looks like I'll need it.

I just ordered one more some im rollin with 6, I think that will be good. ones a 17 rd too bad I cant load it up [wink]

Last edited:
The final results for the main match with payouts has just been posted for those of you interested.

I'm just waiting for my hosting company to fix the bottom where the side matches are posted but all the good stuff is available.

Checks should be going out at the end of this week.

Jim

By the way, the "Fall Walls" match is filling up quickly. Get you entry forms in to secure your spot.

Jim

Jim,

I'm nit sure how this works, do you send out email confirmation of the registration so people know if they get to shoot in the match? Or should I just show up lol.

Back
Top Bottom