Fall campout interest?

Possibly Boscowan, but open to any other locations, I know this past winter there were people interested in doing a winter camp out so this could be good pratice

Your debris hut is still in decent shape.Joe,my brother and myself looked at it a week ago. My brother had never been way back on the farm so Joe took him out in the Polaris.

I will act as support staff and help any advance work party (cutting wood, clearing brush,hauling any training aids etc.)

i'd be interested if you're all willing to "show me the way". I've only been camping in the summer with a tent, air mattress, sleeping bag etc. so learning skills like starting fire without matches etc would be all foreign to me.

I'll understand if that's too much to learn on a weekend trip and you want me to stay home :)

I can vouch for last year - good time - great people - great experience.

I stumbled across some of BogHogs 'birch coal' last weekend in the Berkshires. Harvested a pound or so.
:)

I learned a lot and now use the 'tricks' every time I camp. I'd love to go again but, don't want to take a spot away from the new group.

Do it if you can.

Theres plenty of space and given your proven respect for the land,Im sure you would be welcomed back with open arms.Disclaimer to newbies though, the area looks "Squatchie ".
I can vouch for last year - good time - great people - great experience.

I stumbled across some of BogHogs 'birch coal' last weekend in the Berkshires. Harvested a pound or so.
:)

I learned a lot and now use the 'tricks' every time I camp. I'd love to go again but, don't want to take a spot away from the new group.

Do it if you can.

i'd be interested if you're all willing to "show me the way". I've only been camping in the summer with a tent, air mattress, sleeping bag etc. so learning skills like starting fire without matches etc would be all foreign to me.

I'll understand if that's too much to learn on a weekend trip and you want me to stay home :)

You can bring a Bic.

-tapatalk and Devin McCourty blow chunks-

The general idea is to share knowledge and teach what you know so I think there is something for everyone. I learned a lot last time and I was just support staff. BogHog1,Andy,Daveyburt and Billy all brought something to the table last time. It's a meeting of like minded people who want to learn and share their skills.

The general idea is to share knowledge and teach what you know so I think there is something for everyone. I learned a lot last time and I was just support staff. BogHog1,Andy,Daveyburt and Billy all brought something to the table last time. It's a meeting of like minded people who want to learn and share their skills.

This, I am far from a know it all, everyone has experiences that I don't, ideas that I would never think of etc...

I am interested as long as I am not out of town for work. I was never a boy scout, and my memories of camping as a kid are full of lugging my fathers buddies beer coolers around. I am not completely useless in the woods, but I do have a lot to learn.

tent2.jpg

tent1.jpg Not sure if I could make it but.... I have a GPM and a GPL tent and

fffd3.jpg more than happy to let you guys use it or both if you need it. Medium is 18x36 and Large is 18x54. All you would need is someone to pick it up if there are any locals going. Roughly 300 lbs with tent and poles.

Cool tents Greeniron, I lived in a GP tent in Pohang Korea one winter. Once you get a system they're pretty comfortable.

Cool tents Greeniron, I lived in a GP tent in Pohang Korea one winter. Once you get a system they're pretty comfortable.

Thanks Tim. When I tell you what I paid for them you will think I am lieing.....Myself and a friend from NH won 15 pallets of them on auction for $150. I sold all but 2 of mine and he kept his for a number of different things.

And your right once you get a system they are very easy to put up. Last time I set one up was at a pig roast at the VFW a year ago. When the older vets got there in the morning they were all smiles when they seen my tent set up with my deuce parked in front of it. They all sat in the tent because the smell brought back a lot of memories for them.

The night before when we were cooking we would sleep in 2 hr shifts, a buddy of mine was whispering from across the tent when I asked him wth he wanted he said "dont move there is a skunk in the tent" I pulled my head out of my sleeping bag just enough to see the little runt walk right by my head. He never sprayed and kept right on going out the other end. It was a fun night, well, until the pig caught on fire and rolled off the spit and down a hill and caught the leaves and dry grass on fire.

You can bring a Bic.

I'm not that bad. :)

I was never a boy scout,...... I am not completely useless in the woods, but I do have a lot to learn.

this is where I feel I'm at. i know how to do 'city folk camping'. i would like to learn more of the survival type stuff for camping (primitive fire etc).

has the date been decided yet? were we looking to do this before turkey day?

Also, is there a hike involved, or is this show up and walk in a mile and setup camp?

walking i can do, 10 mile hike, not so much.

Tim, Boghog, Andy and the others did a great job last year at a place in Boscawen. It's "walking" distance from my house. I'm about 5 miles down the road from them. Hence the bad joke to Xtry. That said, I believe the last one they did was pretty much a quick walk in, set up, teach primitives, etc., and everyone had a great time. I'm more than willing to help out if I've got the time. And these days I should.

Last edited by a moderator:
View attachment 43380

. Medium is 18x36 and Large is 18x54. All you would need is someone to pick it up if there are any locals going. Roughly 300 lbs with tent and poles.

THAT'S NOT CAMPING! THAT'S THE TAJ MAHAL!
Sheesh!
When i heard camping I thought of something like this:
tarps.jpg

Either way, I'm still in. And I reserve the right to ridicule a 300 lb tent that comes with a 5 ton metal backpack![rofl]

Back
Top Bottom