• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Any interest in a treadle Singer 66 Red Eye sewing machine?

Now that is a dinger of a machine. Most I've seen must have been econo versions. That looks like it belonged to someone posh...

A little murphy's oil soap and that wood will beam!

If a Singer 1911 is hidden in there somewhere count me in!

JK. Hope it finds a good home though.

There's a local, ex-Army, 2A-supporting mom that had a paralysis incident and was told she would never walk again. She rehab'd with wounded warriors and crossfit before going on to become the first female paralympics bobsledder. Bagged her first deer and turkey recently, too.

She also restores sewing machines. I'm sure she would be interested.

Dawn Macomber never imagined she'd be the first woman on the U.S. para-bobsled team

I have my grandmothers early electrified Singer and I probably use it once a month or so to repair or hem something.

It sat unused for many years so I had to clean and lube it. I also had to replace the rubber drive wheel.

It’s a great little machine.

Bob

Some of those old Singers are beasts - I picked up a $10 old electric one, I think I found it was late 50’s/early 60’s if memory serves (rarely does) to reupholster a seat on my boat. No way my wife’s modern one would punch through all those layers. That thing did it without even slowing down enough so I ended up adding more reinforcement to the seams. Still looks like shit because I don’t really know how to sew, but I was impressed with the punch those old machines put out.

Back
Top Bottom