Fairground Trader-Brockton MA

Fairgrounds has been one of the better shops for me in the area.

the staff. ( both Tom and whom ever the lady may be)....---Hoppy
I think that the Lady is Tom's wife. And yes it is a nice little shop!

Respectfully,

jkelly

I stopped in there yesterday to shoot the breeze with Tom.

- He had 2 AR15s there for what passes as reasonable prices these days. One is a PWA for $950 and the other was all decked out with a floating barrel (very thick, all SS), etc. for $1200 (didn't notice the brand).

- For LEOs that need to get qualified under LEOSA, Tom is now a MSP Certified Instructor for the required qualification card.

Isn't the store only open for maybe 4 hours a day? That's what I remember the lady saying when I went there a while ago. I mean I live right down the street but it seems like they are never open. She had mentioned they used to stay open a lot more but they found even with cutting down the hours they still make the same money.

I have driven buy many times, it has always been closed when I do? Someday

And Tom or Lorraine is always there when I stop by during posted hours. The store never "looks open", you have to try the door. Parking is in back of the store.

Tue-Fri 1000-1600, Sat 1000-1300

Lens, I will keep trying, Im in that area about 4 times a year[rolleyes] I always try to stop at every gun shop I come across. And now that I have a GPS I'm plotting the locations. Where ever I go I try to plan pit stops!

mac, give him a call and make sure he's open.

I've always found him open during posted hours when I drop by . . . usually after visiting my oral surgeon.

Is this shop still open. I was wondering do they have alot of long guns in stock and are there prices fair

Since it's a Husband and Wife operation and Tom's had some health issues over the past few years (as I've been told), I'd recommend calling first unless you are close by. I've stopped by within the last 6 months and he was open, but I rarely am in that area, so no recent experience.

Is he still open. I tried calling today and he dident answer. Does anybody know what his hours are

Last I remember FT's hours were something like 10-4 m-f and Saturday 10-2 but from what I remember they don't always open on Saturday so it can be hard to make it to their store when they are open unless you have a weekday off.

I STILL never seem to catch them when they are open! I never know when I will be over that way. Some day I will have to actually plan a day to go over there and call to make sure they will be there.

I've been there a few times and Tom was an absolute gentleman and offered great advice and a few good stories. It is my policy to always buy something when I visit a small shop even if it is just a bore snake or a box of ammo.

I think supporting the small local shop is a good idea if you can

Bought a 1997 Marlin 336AW there yesterday. Like new condition, great price and Tom's a very nice guy. Looking forward to taking it to the range

Back
Top Bottom