FA-10 locating help

you guys must have gotten the last few apparently.

we've got to fill these forms out to stay on the right side of the law... yet they don't have any to give us.

So...are these serialized or somehow special other than the triplicate carbon copy? You could do 500 to 1000 of them for $0.14-$0.15/sheet here.

we've got to fill these forms out to stay on the right side of the law... yet they don't have any to give us.
No, you don't have to purchase, assemble, or transfer a firearm. You just want to. Be a good citizen and don't make too much noise. Think of it as a waiting period. We all know those are reasonable. [wink]

Hmm, I didn't realize they were individually numbered until you typed that. I just looked at the ones in my 03-ffl folder and saw that they are. (who knew)

Millbury PD has always has them whenever I've asked. I just picked up a half dozen this week.

Me> I need some FA-10 forms please?
Dispatcher> Huh?
Me> FA-10. They are the state form for firearm transfers.
Dispatcher> Oh, OK sure. How many do you need?
Me> Six.
Dispatcher> SIX?!?
Me> Yeah, that way I won't have to bother you for a while. [grin]
Dispatcher> OK here you go.

Hmm, I didn't realize they were individually numbered until you typed that. I just looked at the ones in my 03-ffl folder and saw that they are. (who knew)

Millbury PD has always has them whenever I've asked. I just picked up a half dozen this week.

Me> I need some FA-10 forms please?
Dispatcher> Huh?
Me> FA-10. They are the state form for firearm transfers.
Dispatcher> Oh, OK sure. How many do you need?
Me> Six.
Dispatcher> SIX?!?
Me> Yeah, that way I won't have to bother you for a while. [grin]
Dispatcher> OK here you go.

That exchange sounds exactly like the one I've had a few times. Except it wasn't in Millbury.

Wilmington PD always have them. Depending on the desk officer, he may act a bit "put out" to dig it up, but for the most part they are very happy to help.

<PUTS HIS TINFOIL HAT ON>

Anyone want to wager that this was an intentional move by the guberment to limit our firearms sales?

<TAKES HAT OFF>

Or it could just be budget....

I went to four PD's to get one the other day for a sale.
Westminster had none
Leominster had none
Lancaster had none
Ayer had two. One now.

I can't believe the state hasn't made an online form for this yet. What's the use of triplicate forms when you can just fill it out online and have it get entered right into their servers?

I can't believe the state hasn't made an online form for this yet. What's the use of triplicate forms when you can just fill it out online and have it get entered right into their servers?

How do you affix an original signature to a monitor?

How do you affix an original signature to a monitor?

Well, since dealers do it electronically and have you sign a printed copy, but do NOT Mail that in to CHSB, it's imminently doable just like how we buy with cc, do bank transfers, etc. w/o signing on a monitor.

There just has to be the "will" to implement it and I don't see that happening.

Well, since dealers do it electronically and have you sign a printed copy, but do NOT Mail that in to CHSB, it's imminently [sic] doable just like how we buy with cc, do bank transfers, etc. w/o signing on a monitor.

Last time I was at a dealer, he had a MIRCS connection and fingerprint pad.

Last time I paid w/a credit card at Lowes, Home Despot, PetSmart, WalMart, etc., I signed an electronic pad.

Thus bringing us to the recurring question, "How does one sign a MONITOR to execute an on-line form ostensibly for PRIVATE transactions?"

How about the state allowing us to use our LTC p.i.n. number in place of our signature like a bank does when getting out money out of the ATM. This is not a difficult concept to figure out, especially if I can do it. I do understand that we are dealing with state workers though and as you can safely ASSume, I am not one!

Scriv, yes the dealer sends form w/o any signatures via MIRCS. They keep the signed hard-copy on file in the store.

There are stores where I use cc and don't have to sign anything. Big Y comes immediately to mind if under some amount. I think that Stop & Shop also implemented this recently. When I pump gas, I don't sign anything. Just some examples.

There are stores where I use cc and don't have to sign anything. Big Y comes immediately to mind if under some amount. I think that Stop & Shop also implemented this recently. When I pump gas, I don't sign anything. Just some examples.

1. Your credit card is already signed and contains a mag strip w/the necessary info.

2. The info from said card is read and transmitted to the credit center.

NEITHER is true for an LTC or FID.

3. Most stores now don't require receipts for purchases under $50. The transfer of a firearm is somewhat more significant.

I thought I've heard of people in free states Faxing a copy of their C&R permit to a dealer to buy a gun. There is no original signature on a Fax.

Why do people wait to the last minute to get FA-10 forms. Whenever I get to less than ten or so around my house I get more. Kinda like running out of bullets if you ask me. You never know when you're going to run into ten good deals. *S*

I thought I've heard of people in free states Faxing a copy of their C&R permit to a dealer to buy a gun. There is no original signature on a Fax.

Why do people wait to the last minute to get FA-10 forms. Whenever I get to less than ten or so around my house I get more. Kinda like running out of bullets if you ask me. You never know when you're going to run into ten good deals. *S*

I believe that legally... faxed signatures are as good as originals. It seemed that way when purchasing my home. The sellers were out of state, so the offers and P&S copies all had faxed copies of the sellers signatures.

Steve

Back
Top Bottom