FA-10 locating help

Went down to the PD (Wakefield) for a few FA-10 forms - Officer said they don't have any nor does the state send them to the PD anymore...

He further stated I should go to a local shop and get them there.

Now right down in the MA laws section it says the PD can order them.

Can somebody tell me where I can find a few FA-10's on the North Shore?

Another PD perhaps? The shops I've called won't give out their forms...

call CHSB in Chelsea, you will have as many forms as you want in your mailbox within a couple day.

The PDs have to order them (free to them and you). If they don't order them, the state doesn't send them automagically.

Call CHSB, tell them what you were told by Wakefield PD and have them send some to you AND the PD.

Thanks All,

2 phone call to the CHSB were unanswered - Love those automated systems...

Long shot request: If someone is going to the Harvard Appleseed and has a form they could spare, I'd appreciate it greatly.

LenS - Yes, great idea I'll do that.

Where do gun shops get their FA10 form from? Same place the PD gets them from? Can anyone request these forms from where ever they come from?

Dealers have to pay for theirs, pre-printed with their information. Individuals and police departments get theirs without any charge by asking for them.

Ken

CHSB has posted on their web site that due to lay offs that they are now going to stop answering phone calls from the public.

Dealers have to pay for theirs, pre-printed with their information.
Dealers who use the on-line MIRCS system fill out the FA-10 on-line and then print a hard copy with the entered data - they won't have any FA-10 forms, just blank paper.

Where do gun shops get their FA10 form from? Same place the PD gets them from? Can anyone request these forms from where ever they come from?

Shops have to order them at 25 cents each I believe. I do know that they are numbered for that store...so I don't think that they will give them to you.

And, most shops are doing electronic FA-10s...so what they have on hand seem to be slim for when the system goes down.

SO, when the system goes down...they just stop selling guns?

Yeah, they usually have a few on hand for such situations. They're supposed to get individual permission from the CHSB for each transaction they perform not through MIRCS (per 803 CMR 10.07). I believe they call in any non-electronic transactions (yes?), which I assume acts as the permission.

Resurrecting this thread...

Worcester has none, Charlton has none, Leicester has none, Milford has none, and CHSB won't return calls. I hate to ask to purchase them from a shop both because the shop has to pay (and by extension, so do I) for a form that I should be getting for free and because I'm presumably reducing their stock of forms for when their online system is down...but it's kind of hard to follow the law when nobody has the damned forms.

So...Where the heck can I get these?

I literally just hung up with CHSB. Someone picked up on the first ring. I asked him for some FA-10 forms, and he took my info to send them out. I did the same thing about 2 months ago and got 4 of them in the mail a week later. Are you calling (617) 660-4782?

I literally just hung up with CHSB. Someone picked up on the first ring. I asked him for some FA-10 forms, and he took my info to send them out. I did the same thing about 2 months ago and got 4 of them in the mail a week later. Are you calling (617) 660-4782?
Nope - calling 617-660-4600, the number that two PDs recommended that I call. [smile] Trying your number now...

ETA: Took me 3 rings, and they said they'll send them out...
...and I should get them in a month or a little more, once they order them, have them printed, and ship them out. [laugh][crying]

So the question remains, where do I actually pick one of these up when I need one?

Last edited:
Nope - calling 617-660-4600, the number that two PDs recommended that I call. [smile] Trying your number now...

Yeah, that's the main number. The one I posted is for the FRB. I've only called twice, but someone picked up immediately both times.

Group buy on FA-10s? [wink]

That was intended as joking, but on a serious note...what exactly stops us from doing a group buy on triplicate carbon copy forms identical to FA-10s?

well i just got a lady on the phone that said they were "on order" and to "call back in three weeks".

sounds just like the IRS when i'm checking the status on my tax refund... that i filed six weeks ago...

According to the lady I talked to last time, they limit you to 4 each time you call, but there's no limit to how many times you can call. So once you get yours in the mail (whenever in the future that may be), call again and order up some more. That's how I plan on building up a little reserve.

Back
Top Bottom