eyepal: anyone know anything about them

Last edited:
I have used them and they really do work! Not that hard to find the right spot on your glasses either. They do the trick for my aging eyes, but, as was stated, they're at thier best at bullseye or similar types of shooting. The magic of it all,is they work with any type of glasses, from shooting glasses to corrective lenses, including; (I know, I tried it!) reading glasses!

ENJOY!

Bill

I have used them and they really do work! Not that hard to find the right spot on your glasses either. They do the trick for my aging eyes, but, as was stated, they're at thier best at bullseye or similar types of shooting. The magic of it all,is they work with any type of glasses, from shooting glasses to corrective lenses, including; (I know, I tried it!) reading glasses!

ENJOY!

Bill
i agree with bill. i bought them at the show last dec. and they worked for me and i have old tired eyes too. i have only used them once so far because i tend to not shoot as much in the colder weather....but i will give them a workout this spring.

I think they're a great idea for target shooting but a poor choice for defensive shooting training.

I much prefer lasers on my defensive guns. Though more expensive, they'll be there when you need them.

They do work. You can see a bit better when using them outdoors. If your indoor range is poorly lit they may or may not work out. I like them. Couldn't shoot open sights without them. I just pop them on a spare pair of glasses that correct for distance and leave them in my range bag.

One time I walked into the club's indoor range and there were two other guys shooting. They both had EyePal's on. Then I put mine on. Talk about three blind mice![smile]

Last edited:
The company I used to work for made those for a while. I remember them being really expensive for a self stick piece of vinyl with a tiny hole in it. The science behind them is pretty basic. Anything with a small hole will do the same job. No I am not sharing trade secrets here these are just observations I made when I saw the product laying around and has nothing to do with how it is made. The knowlegde of how it works I learned in high school. Maybe this will save someone some money.

I use them and they realy do work. I bought the kit with one rifle and one handgun apeture. For $20 bucks at the show you get the 2 sights and a carry case. Hard to imagine it would be worth making something that works and at least does not look like a piece of crap stuck to your glasses for this. Seemed like a pretty decent deal to me.

Last edited:
I purchased a set a while back and took them to the range today. They wouldn't stick on my glasses at all. Any ideas what I might be doing wrong?

I purchased a set a while back and took them to the range today. They wouldn't stick on my glasses at all. Any ideas what I might be doing wrong?

Did you lightly rub them on your shirt? You need to create a little static charge to get them to stick. Also make sure your glasses are clean.

I bought the combo pair (1 for rifle shooting, 1 for pistol) at the Marlboro show, paid $20.00. I have not used them at the range yet but tried them at the show and that trial convinced me they could help my old eyes see the sights and target better. As soon as it worms up a bit, I'll get to the range and try them out for real.

$20.00 sounds sort of steep for two disks with tiny holes cut in them.

This guy might make a ton of money before people figure out they can make their own for pennies.

This guy might make a ton of money before people figure out they can make their own for pennies.

ding! ding! ding! We have a winner!!!!

I hope he does make a ton of money. He has put together a nice packaged product. $20 is nothing in this sport. And you are correct you could probably make something if you had the inclination but having the proffesional made set with the little crosshair graphic is well worth the 20 to me. But I also spent 60 bucks on custom earplugs when I could have just stuffed my gum in my ears. Spend the money in the sport, keep the economy moving.[grin]

I hope he does make a ton of money. He has put together a nice packaged product. $20 is nothing in this sport. And you are correct you could probably make something if you had the inclination but having the proffesional made set with the little crosshair graphic is well worth the 20 to me. But I also spent 60 bucks on custom earplugs when I could have just stuffed my gum in my ears. Spend the money in the sport, keep the economy moving.[grin]

That's fine and I dont' begrudge the guy making a buck...more power to him.

It's just that when I buy a product I need to feel that the price approximately covers the cost of the material, plus allowances for packaging, marketing, overhead, and profit.

For me, I just can't bring myself to spend $20.00 on these.

Back
Top Bottom