• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Eye Issue with optics

So, I have a trijicon Rmr and an eotech. I have no issues while shooting right handed with both eyes open. Minute I transition hands to left, both eyes open, my field of vision goes cross. Close my right eye, absolutely no problem. I practice trying to correct it quite a bit, consistent cheek weld, you name it, for the life of me I can't shake the issue. Anyone else deal with this? Advice?

"Send it" like chinalfr from my can attached to a string from another can in the lair of the dark lord kramdar.

I'm left eyed right handed so when I shoot rifles I shoulder on the left I can't even line up irion sights shouldering it in the right. With optics everything I see is blury trying to shoot righty

What about if my eyesight is crystal clear when it goes cross? It was super weird the first time it happened. Everything was clear, except I was seeing two front sights. One outside of the center field of view, and one where it was supposed to be. Made it impossible to concentrate and was a bit painful. At first I thought it was just a weird adjustment, but it keeps happening like clockwork.

you are more than likely focusing on the dot with your left eye. Quick way to check is to cover over the front of the lens with masking tape. If you can't see the dot on the target with both eyes open, then you are focused on the dot.

you are more than likely focusing on the dot with your left eye. Quick way to check is to cover over the front of the lens with masking tape. If you can't see the dot on the target with both eyes open, then you are focused on the dot.

any suggestions on how to correct it? or is this pretty much a natural response that isn't going anywhere?

Thanks guys. Will try the tape deal. If that doesn't work, I'll just remove the eye.

"Send it" like chinalfr from my can attached to a string from another can in the lair of the dark lord kramdar.

Back
Top Bottom