Expired licence Question

OK here is the issue. I havent been on the air in like 4 years and let my licence expire last year. I am just woundering how bad I screwed myself.. Can I just try now and fill out the online forms? or will I need to retest and get another card?

Depending on the department, they may accept your old cert; accept you as exempt from training if licensed before the new requirements went into effect in 1998; or require a new safety course. I am not sure what "test" and "card" you are referring to.

like the FCC cares..... they won't shut down what we call "pirates" on the commercial FM band. Stations that are operating in the open, with web sites, phone lines, ad sales people, ignoring every FCC regulation out there.

Fire up the shack and broadcast to your hearts desire

I believe there is a 2 year grace period. Fyi You are not allowed to operate until the license is renewed.

AAARGH!!!!! My bad for not reading the forum topic.

1861913-homer_doh_super.jpg

Realtor MA
I believe there is a 2 year grace period. Fyi You are not allowed to operate until the license is renewed.

Correct.
You can fill out a 610e form, pay a small fee and get your old call back.
After 2 years, you'll need to take the exam again and you'll get a new call sign.

Back
Top Bottom