Experts Conclude No Threat From 3D-Printed Guns After Watching Nation Try To Operate Normal Printers

Maybe missing a couple of fingers on your firing hand will become a badge of honor among libertarians. You'd have to be insane to actually fire one of those 3D liberator guns.

Maybe missing a couple of fingers on your firing hand will become a badge of honor among libertarians. You'd have to be insane to actually fire one of those 3D liberator guns.

If I ever make one and want to fire it, rather than just show it off as a conversation piece, I am mounting it in a vice grip on a table, standing behind a blind, and pulling the trigger with a long string.

Has anyone actually lost fingers from a pistol case head separation or chamber failure, plastic gun or otherwise? I watched a friend detonate a loose .45 round while clearing a gun and it gave him a superficial scratch. We’re not talking about a .50BMG loaded with Clays here.

Has anyone actually lost fingers from a pistol case head separation or chamber failure, plastic gun or otherwise? I watched a friend detonate a loose .45 round while clearing a gun and it gave him a superficial scratch. We’re not talking about a .50BMG loaded with Clays here.

Don't know how legit this is, but it made quite an impression on me when I read it. Kaboomed FN 5.7 pistol. Certainly a different animal than 9mm, but still...

FN Five-Seven KABOOM - The Firearm Blog

it's legit, especially Glocks. Given the number of firearms, accidents do happen.

it's legit, especially Glocks. Given the number of firearms, accidents do happen.

Yup, google glock kaboom and you'll find plenty of examples. I've even seen evidence of a VP9 kaboom, but that didn't result in any finger loss.

I know this article is satire, but it really isn't that far from reality. The only unbelievable part of it is that Chuckles would admit that he was wrong.

If I ever make one and want to fire it, rather than just show it off as a conversation piece, I am mounting it in a vice grip on a table, standing behind a blind, and pulling the trigger with a long string.
I am 100% in favor of the Liberator CAD files being widely distributed and _other people_ firing the printed product.

When I was the engineering manager at Waters in Milford (early 90's) I bought equipment like this to do rapid prototyping.

Performing this type of manufacturing is not as easy as the pundits want you to believe.

It's a lot easier to make a Zip Gun (you youngsters should Google this).

This, and a nice long string at that ! I am sticking with my old school steel guns! I would not make a very good blind person...

I can't seem to find anything about this and what Chuck Schumer was quoted saying about 3d printed guns. I think this is fake news.

“We were pretty worried about this whole 3D-printed guns business,” said Senate Minority Leader Chuck Schumer in a press conference Wednesday, “but now that we see that most people can’t even print a funny email forward or MapQuest’s directions to the local CVS, we realize our fears were pretty much entirely unfounded.”

“False alarm, everybody—sorry.”

Schumer went on to say that he was now “fairly confident” most of America isn’t capable of printing the small, complex parts needed to construct a 3D-printed plastic gun, much less put it together and figure out how to operate it.

You wouldn't catch me trying to shoot one of the damn things , but the point that it's something they can't keep under their almighty thumb is driving them nuts.
That's what I like about it.

I can't seem to find anything about this and what Chuck Schumer was quoted saying about 3d printed guns. I think this is fake news.

“We were pretty worried about this whole 3D-printed guns business,” said Senate Minority Leader Chuck Schumer in a press conference Wednesday, “but now that we see that most people can’t even print a funny email forward or MapQuest’s directions to the local CVS, we realize our fears were pretty much entirely unfounded.”

“False alarm, everybody—sorry.”

Schumer went on to say that he was now “fairly confident” most of America isn’t capable of printing the small, complex parts needed to construct a 3D-printed plastic gun, much less put it together and figure out how to operate it.

agreed. first thing i thought of too. if chuckie says it's not a problem it's definitely a satire site.

Back
Top Bottom