Experienced framer question

Where are you located? I could set you up with my dad, he framed houses all his life, hes 80 now but will talk your ear off. Hes in Attleboro.

I’m in Plymouth. I’m about to build my garage. It’s an attached gambrel style to match the house. I want to put a cathedral gambrel dormer in the center. I know I can do it. I’ve talked to a couple of younger framers about it and they both reply what a pain in the ass it would be. Am I missing something here or is it nobody wants to apply themselves anymore ?

I am unclear on exactly what you are looking for
If you are building it, and filing a permit, then the only person whose opinion matters is the building commissioner/ inspector.
If you need structural advice or something like a stamp you most likely need need an architect
If you want someone to build the dormer off of a plan you need a framer/carpenter.

I’m just looking to sit and talk shop with a local framer for a few minutes and bounce things around. I’m aware of engineers and inspectors and everything else that goes along with acceptable building practices

Back
Top Bottom