• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Excruciathlon VI 2017 Photos

So who had a handgun failure and what firearm?

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

My Glock 21 managed to get sand in the striker channel that stopped both the striker and the safety plunger. I detail stripped it and dropped everything into the ultrasonic cleaner for 20 minutes at 70 degrees Celsius. Took me awhile to get it cleaned, lubed, and assembled but it works again.

My Glock 21 managed to get sand in the striker channel that stopped both the striker and the safety plunger. I detail stripped it and dropped everything into the ultrasonic cleaner for 20 minutes at 70 degrees Celsius. Took me awhile to get it cleaned, lubed, and assembled but it works again.

Funny my glock 21sf had no problems . My gloves and mags where caked with mud too .

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Funny my glock 21sf had no problems . My gloves and mags where caked with mud too .

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The mud just managed to get into the right place to jam it up. Next year I will either stage it or figure out a way to keep mud out of it. I'm a big proponent of making everyone carry and if pistol is the only weapon we are allowed to...

The biggest problem with a chest rig seems to be mud getting into mags. Mud on gun= no problem. Mud on mag? Big problem.

That was pretty good, did you try fast forwarding some while editing? I think that would have made for a cool look.
Did not do any fast forwarding, did some slowmo.This is the first video I have ever edited so will improve in the future.

The biggest problem with a chest rig seems to be mud getting into mags. Mud on gun= no problem. Mud on mag? Big problem.

Mine has 3 mag pockets at center that are open top with bungee hold downs. Then there are two large flap top pockets at either end and one large flap top up above the open tops. All my AR mags went into the open tops, my 1911 mags went in the left flap pocket and my 1911 was in the large pocket, which is sized perfectly so the 1911 doesn't shift around. The right flap pocket is good for extra gloves and a mini Gatorade.
My 4th year of running in this event and I finally figured out a good way to store all my shit without too much mud infestation. ;)

Close ...but no ...
Pluto is a Planet - DarthRevan and Vboard.jpg

...wait, Pluto is a Planet gets the CIGAR.

I have two of the pond crossing on video, will post those as soon as I get a chance. I think one was the recent mother.

Did anyone happen to catch video of the gentleman that went for an impromptu swim?

I have two of the pond crossing on video, will post those as soon as I get a chance. I think one was the recent mother.

Did anyone happen to catch video of the gentleman that went for an impromptu swim?

No but he was a member of the winning team so it apparently didn't slow him down a bit. It probably gave him the incentive to run faster in fact. Haha.

My GF right before the run: "Do you want me to get pictures of you guys crossing the pond?"
Me: "Nah, just meet us up at the VTAC, those pictures will look cooler, that way you don't have to run up there haha"

Me, 30 seconds later: *falls into pond*

I was tempted to yell at people to get their dicks in the mud. But my GF telling people to smile as she took picture of them was far better.

I don't mind getting muddy at all, I just didn't want that shit in my mags again this year. [wink]
If it turns out you really need to get your chest all the way down into the mud to avoid getting a penalty or something, I'm just gonna start putting all my mags in ziplock bags!

Back
Top Bottom