• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Everyone Who Can, Go Buy A Gun This Weekend PERIOD

It's true though. Garandthumb actually just made a video on this, I'll link below.

Most people do not take fitness seriously. I don't know how or why that is such a common thing, but it is. And people who arent fit do very poorly when they are in fight or flight.

View: https://youtu.be/LDqzlGBejWo?si=DFgeFKNQNSKtmtSc

GT just did an urban escape episode in the same vein as thing one. Very important to those of you who dont live in the boons

View: https://youtu.be/_f-0GRismLg?si=AEVjv3gewMfQSHo2

Plus you get to wear cool pajamas.
Cool!!! [thumbsup] I'm in! [cheers]
It's true though. Garandthumb actually just made a video on this.
[mg]
GT just did an urban escape episode in the same vein as thing one.
Yeah, I think I'm good with the urban warfare / urban escape thang. To start with, I'm old (ancient, really) and retired and I live out in God's Country (or at least as close as you can get and still be in Massachusetts). Wouldn't go into Boston or Worcester or Springfield or Holyoke again even if my life depended on it. And after my last foot operation and other maladies of old age, I'm probably not going to be able to out-run anyone for a very long time to come anyway, if ever. :(

So, I'll take the cool pajamas part and let it go at that. I think I'll keep my guns. I'll just have to stay and fight. No running away for me. Ain't got the youthful body or time for that. 🤔

Should my next purchase be a glock 17 or 34?
Depends a lot on what you already own and if you plan to add an optic sight or not. 🤔

Take note that the G17 Gen5 MOS is being replaced by the G47 MOS (see link below). If you are thinking G17 Gen5 MOS, you better shop fast.

Depends a lot on what you already own and if you plan to add an optic sight or not. 🤔

Take note that the G17 Gen5 MOS is being replaced by the G47 MOS (see link below). If you are thinking G17 Gen5 MOS, you better shop fast.

i did not pay any attention - will that g47 frame take g17 mags?

and G17 and G19 slides as well
You guys are buying...... Im selling.

I think I will get the 47 when I get out of here. I will need something that takes glock mags for the Ruger Carbine 9 if i decide to keep it.

I'm selling my G5 17 to a buddy before I leave next week to look at property.

I think the only thing I'll keep is the Mossy M2C because I got such a good price on it with Night sites and I'm only need to get 2 free state 16 rd mags for it.

Last edited:
Should my next purchase be a glock 17 or 34?
Im thinking new nightstand gun that can take prebans unlike my vp9
I plan on going to the shop this week or weekend

I've got a couple of each, and for a non-competition gun I'd go with the 17.

The frames are identical, the difference is in the slides. G34 slide is slightly longer, designed for competition. Slightly longer distance between front and rear sight gives you more accuracy; slightly longer barrel gives you potentially more accuracy from more spin plus potentially more velocity, and the longer slide/barrel combination gives you slightly less perceived recoil and rise.

All that being said - none of that is necessary outside of competition; (and perhaps not even within competition).

Your real question is going to be what generation of Glock you get. I'm personally fond of Gen 4's because I like the finger grooves. Except for my G44 (.22), and G19 (9mm), which are both Gen 5. Gen 5s tend to have ambidexrous controls, and arguably more accurate barrels, (Glock "Marksman").

Edited to add another option -
My knapsack/bureau gun is a G31, (.357Sig), with a 9mm conversion barrel in it. Heavier slide/barrel reduce rise. I've got a Trijicon RMR and a Streamlight TLR-1 mounted on it.

And another thought -
Serious decision point - MOS or iron sights? Or both? If you're going to run an optic, or may want to, you'll want an MOS slide, or you'll end up sending it out to be cut.

The frames are identical, the difference is in the slides. G34 slide is slightly longer, designed for competition. Slightly longer distance between front and rear sight gives you more accuracy; slightly longer barrel gives you potentially more accuracy from more spin plus potentially more velocity, and the longer slide/barrel combination gives you slightly less perceived recoil and rise.

All that being said - none of that is necessary outside of competition; (and perhaps not even within competition).

Your real question is going to be what generation of Glock you get. I'm personally fond of Gen 4's because I like the finger grooves. Except for my G44 (.22), and G19 (9mm), which are both Gen 5. Gen 5s tend to have ambidexrous controls, and arguably more accurate barrels, (Glock "Marksman").

My knapsack/bureau gun is a G31, (.357Sig), with a 9mm conversion barrel in it. Heavier slide/barrel reduce rise. I've got a Trijicon RMR and a Streamlight TLR-1 mounted on it.

And another thought -
Serious decision point - MOS or iron sights? Or both? If you're going to run an optic, or may want to, you'll want an MOS slide, or you'll end up sending it out to be cut.
Thanks for the advice! Id probably opt for iron sights on this as I already have an optic on my vp9. I know its stupid but I still dont trust it 100% Ive had both an rmr and a 507 holosun fail on me at intense training classes. Part of my desire to get a glock finally is to have a no bullshit reliable pistol for the house

Thanks for the advice! Id probably opt for iron sights on this as I already have an optic on my vp9. I know its stupid but I still dont trust it 100% Ive had both an rmr and a 507 holosun fail on me at intense training classes. Part of my desire to get a glock finally is to have a no bullshit reliable pistol for the house
This is what I went through in the spring, was all in on vp9s but I started going to glock now. I still shoot the vp9 better though

And another thought -
Mos only now as holosun made a perfect fit scs sight for it

Getting married next month.

Wife would literally kill me.
Seriously, it'd be some f***ed up shit, you'd see it in the news.

She's not opposed to guns, she gave me a M1 for an engagement gift, but it would not go over well. I won't be getting my ps90 before stupid ma law goes into effect.
I wasn’t invited, but I’ll go to your next wedding.

Cool!!! [thumbsup] I'm in! [cheers]

[mg]

Yeah, I think I'm good with the urban warfare / urban escape thang. To start with, I'm old (ancient, really) and retired and I live out in God's Country (or at least as close as you can get and still be in Massachusetts). Wouldn't go into Boston or Worcester or Springfield or Holyoke again even if my life depended on it. And after my last foot operation and other maladies of old age, I'm probably not going to be able to out-run anyone for a very long time to come anyway, if ever. :(

So, I'll take the cool pajamas part and let it go at that. I think I'll keep my guns. I'll just have to stay and fight. No running away for me. Ain't got the youthful body or time for that. 🤔

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5KhmBPaXbyg

Back
Top Bottom