Even in NH - Ya Gotta Have a CCW

MaverickNH

NES Member
Loaded Guns, Body Armor Found During Traffic Stop
Police Say Man Concealed Weapons Without Permit

POSTED: 7:48 am EDT October 10, 2008
UPDATED: 12:15 pm EDT October 10, 2008

MANCHESTER, N.H. -- A man stopped by police Thursday night for a defective exhaust was wearing body armor and had two fully loaded concealed guns in his waistband, police said.

Police said William Walker, 39, of Grafton, N.H., was charged with carrying a concealed weapon without a permit, as well as driving with suspended license and misuse of plates.

The officer who pulled over Walker's pickup truck became suspicious when he noticed Walker's passenger trying to stick something underneath her seat, police said.

"Upon approaching the vehicle, he learned that the driver was wearing body armor, as well as carrying concealed weapons and concealed ammunition underneath his clothing," Officer Paul Rondeau said.

Police said Walker had two pistols and ammunition concealed inside his waistband. He was taken into custody.

"He didn't have a permit to conceal either the weapon or the ammunition," Rondeau said.

The passenger in the truck, Sharon Ankrom, was also arrested. Police said she initially gave them a false name and also tucked a pistol under her seat. She is licensed to carry the pistol.

Ankrom has been charged with disorderly conduct and operating with a suspended registration because she owns the pickup truck.

Police said they not sure why the two had the weapons or why Walker was wearing body armor.

"We don't have any information that leads us to believe he was en route to commit a crime," Rondeau said. "We're not sure, and that part is still under investigation."

Both were released on bail and are due back in court for arraignment later this month.

http://www.wmur.com/news/17685307/detail.html

Had those guns not been "fully loaded", I'm sure they would have let him off with a citation. [smile]

... and remember, tuck in your kevlar!

Wonder if we'll ever know...

What a dumbass. Suspended license and a problem with the plates, and he thinks driving around like that is a good idea?

I'm confused. Do you need a permit to conceal in NH?

I'm not sure this guy was really doing anything wrong.
If I was buying or selling a car for cash I'd definitely be carrying...and you better believe if I could afford a vest I'd be wearing it.

Non-resident P/R license? Mine took about four weeks.

Too bad you need a permit. Vermont and Alaska figured it out.

i dont know what P/R stands for, but it was non resident concealed carry if i remember correctly, which im sure thats not what its actually called...

You definitely need one to carry concealed or to carry a loaded gun in a motor vehicle. Otherwise, open carry without a license is legal.

Ken

I imagine while legal it would probably turn a few heads.
There was a guy from one of the libertarian type organizations that was open carrying in Manchester and had a bit of attention showed to him by the boys in blue. He had someone video it and it is up on YouTube. He also did a neighborhood clean up while open carrying event and that also raised some eyebrows. In this day and age open carry is just asking for trouble, legal or not.

I don't need that sort of attention, so I never open carry.

From what I gather on this forum, it gets done all the time without much fuss even in cities.

I think the only who complain are Ma**h***s. [wink]

I've spent a lot of time in various parts of NH (city, rural, deep in the woods). I've never seen anyone open carrying other than hunters.

I'm confused. Do you need a permit to conceal in NH?

I'm not sure this guy was really doing anything wrong.
If I was buying or selling a car for cash I'd definitely be carrying...and you better believe if I could afford a vest I'd be wearing it.

open carry is perfectly legal.

the problem arises when you get into a car. once in a vehicle you're technically "concealing" a weapon, even if it is strapped to your hip in plain view.

(but yes, you DO need a permit to conceal in NH...I too just sent in my paperwork).

I imagine while legal it would probably turn a few heads.

Nope, and as Jose said the only people who worry/complain are from MA.

I open carry rarely in my town and nobody ever looks twice when I do. They guy at the gas station smiles when he sees me.

Nope, and as Jose said the only people who worry/complain are from MA.

I open carry rarely in my town and nobody ever looks twice when I do. They guy at the gas station smiles when he sees me.

we need a pound sand smiley.

i have my non-res,

but i keep telling the guys we should go up yonder and open carry. so far, no takers. i really want to, but i'm afraid i'd get shot [laugh]

...."bravo mike with a gun, repeat, bravo mike with a gun"... j/k

You definitely need one to carry concealed or to carry a loaded gun in a motor vehicle. Otherwise, open carry without a license is legal.

Ken

Yes you do need a permit. I do a fair amount of hiking in the white mountains, and was thinking of getting the permit because having a pistol underneath a pancho or in your backpack are considered to be "concealed".

I'll have to disagree with both Jose and Derek on this one. While it's the popular perception that Ma**h***s are the cause of most of the Granite State's problems, the exact opposite is true. New Hampshire is getting a lot of immigrants from Vermont and New York who are moving it toward the left, while the influx of tax and gun refugees from the Bay State are pulling it the other way. There have been several studies of voters confirming this fact. Remember, D, that you're one of those people form Massachusetts.

Ken

I'll have to disagree with both Jose and Derek on this one. While it's the popular perception that Ma**h***s are the cause of most of the Granite State's problems, the exact opposite is true. New Hampshire is getting a lot of immigrants from Vermont and New York who are moving it toward the left, while the influx of tax and gun refugees from the Bay State are pulling it the other way. There have been several studies of voters confirming this fact. Remember, D, that you're one of those people form Massachusetts.

Ken

Most of my time OCing is while hiking Mt. Monadnock, which is filled with tree hugging Ma**h***s. I also wasn't referring to N.H. moonbat proplems, I was referring only to the left wingers that see me OCing in Rindge and Jaffrey which are almost always MA residents.

NH Free State people with ties to the Ed Brown tax evasion story, it seems. They spent some time chatting with the Feds and all.

So the story seems to include Walker/Angstrom objecting that the US Constitution doesn't give the government the power to require drivers licenses and pistol permits.

Some odd commentary on the arrest here http://bbs.freetalklive.com/index.php?topic=24444.0

and in the UL article comments http://www.unionleader.com/article....rticleId=411f7d44-3a9d-424a-9fd3-ee42d95b180e

Ken
Not everyone from Massachussetts is a Ma**h***. However, all Ma**h***s are from MA.

I'm all sorts of corn-fused.

The Non-res CCW is separate from the non-res P/R?

Please say it ain't so.

There is no 'CCW' permit, it is a P/R license. Hopefully in the next year,all you need is a drivers license to conceal carry. That is supposable legislation that is coming up this coming session. It will make NH a no license state, but provide the option for people who WANT a paper license (or make drivers licenses as of a certain date indicate it is a CCW license), for those needing/wanting reciprocity.

Back
Top Bottom