EOPS M1 Carbine

I know the EOPS lists the Iver Johnson M1 Carbine as legal. Thus you can transfer obe from out of state/not an "assault weapon"..Would a Universal or Auto Ordanance or Plainfield from out of state work?(Plainfield when I save up) I doubt it given the crap laws though correct? IE, I must have an IJ M1 if it comes out of state? I found a Universal in Mass that someone might trade with me. In case it falls through, would other M1 Carbines work or must it be an Iver Johnson?
Thanks for all your help, stay safe ans God Bless. -Ayybb

Last edited:
Does the EOPS list apply to rifles?

Wouldn't this not be banned anyway? Detachable mag and folding stock are the only "features".

EOPS list is for pistols not rifles.

M1 Carbine's are good to go in MA. Just need to make sure the mags are preban (if greater than 10 rounds). So yes you can transfer them from out of state.

You can own any M1 Carbine from the many manufacturers that produced them. I had an Inland that I sold once I received a Winchester M1 carbine from the CMP a couple years ago. I don't know too much about IJ, Universal, or Plainfield aside from them being replicas (or reproductions?) with hit or miss quality. No first hand experience though...

I mean, any other M1 carbine is a copy or duplicate of the Iver-Johsnson M1 carbine?

If you're worried about what a copy or duplicate means, ask yourself "Is this gun functionally similar to the Iver-Johnson, does it share parts? Extractor? Magazine well?"

That’s an interesting list. So a brand new mini14 folder would be not an assault weapon from that list as it says ‘any’ mini 14.

That’s an interesting list. So a brand new mini14 folder would be not an assault weapon from that list as it says ‘any’ mini 14.

Lol, yes, but bear in mind that list isn't based out of law, it's basically a work of fiction that happens to be produced by the AGs office.

-Mike

I never thought of this, but now I want to get a mini with a folding stock, bayonet lug, accessorized chain saw, and all the assault features.

I never thought of this, but now I want to get a mini with a folding stock, bayonet lug, accessorized chain saw, and all the assault features.

Except as noted above by @drgrant you'd be breaking the law as written, while using a letter with no legal weight as defense. My risk tolerance says eff that ha

Back
Top Bottom