Enfield pic

Enfields3.jpg

Photobucket is not nearly as complex as it sounded at first. Old dogs CAN learn new tricks. [grin]

Top to bottom....1915 BSA No1Mk111*, 1942 Fazakerly No4 Mk1 and 1942 Savage No4 Mk1*.
The WWl rifle actually shoots low but is easily adjusted with the rear sight. The Savage is my first milsurp and is a consistant pleasure at the range even with POF ammo. I've not fired the FAZ...yet.

Of course you know they need slings and bayonets, and ammo pouches, web gear, helmets, etc. but the first 2 are the most important.[smile]

I think he meant the first two accessories, slings and bayonets. All three rifles are very nice. I have a Savage as well as a No. 4 Mk II. I'm looking for a nice No. 1 Mk III to add to the collection.

Gary

I've several bayonets but admit that I'm short on slings. The picture is over a year old and there are a couple more Enfields still to show. I'm way behind on photographing the collections.

I have a very few accessories. What do you see in the Savage No4 that makes it less important ?

There are Savage marked bayonets, frogs, slings, ammo pouches, etc.
I've got a S marked bayonet but have been searching for a Savage marked sling most of all. I'm a big fan of correct slings for certain rifles.
Nothing at all wrong with your Savage and your pics. I think its important for every Enfield collector to have one!
For me after I've gotten certain surplus rifles/handguns, I go after every possible accessory I can find to complete the collecting. Thats what keeps the surplus collecting thrill alive long after you have the gun you wanted. [wink]

Last edited:
Thanks M4Me, I misunderstood your previous response. The accessories are often the quest at gunshows when decent rifles and ammo are not available. Thanks for your input and more experienced colecting advice. :)

Very nice Enfileds Windstar. I just ordered a No I Mk III from *****, and hope to have it by the weekend. I really like the lighter colored wood on the Savage.

Edited out the name of the company. Please do not post companies that may ship to MA. JJ

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks for the nice additions. The beech stocked Savage has some differences that make me think it may have been FTRd but all the numbers match, even the stock. The walnut handguard has always been a puzzle too. I've had the rifle for about 20 years. Another Savage I own has the lovely dark stock that is more common I think.

Mr Twigg, I would suggest that you score yourself a P 07 bayonet for a Mk111 rifle. They look awesome when installed, but take care when doing so as they tend to make the ceilings seem a bit low. [rolleyes]

Here a few of mine:

No4Mk2

Enf2.jpg

A Savage No4Mk1 and 1917 No1Mk3 which I can't remember the arsenal.

ae6fe4e22.jpg

I think the Savage stock is maple. I really gotta get back into Enfields and research/remember these.[hmmm]

Nice looking rifles M4Me. The small bright crescents in the grain indicate at least to my eyes that your No4 has a beech stock. Those No4 bayonets aren't nearly as impressive as the WWl swords are they. They are more forgiving on the ceiling paint though. [grin]

Back
Top Bottom