electronic timers can make matches much more practical.

I've been into combat pistol since the 60s We designed the matches to be too long range, and too many targets (to reflect reality of civilian SD) for a reason. It was to provide enough time diffence that stopwatch timing could determine who placed 1'st from who was 10th. today's timers have removed that problem.
So why not some matches that DO reflect reality?

Last edited by a moderator:
How do I miss this crap?

The ONE day I am busy with work all day and this ass hat goes on a posting rampage![shocked]

Reading one of these threads is like hitting yourself in the head with a hammer. It feels good when you quit. :) LoL!

B

Just my opinion....

I shoot USPSA for fun, just like the majority of my fellow shooters. if I was shooting it to perfect my home defense skills or concealed carry i would go to two types of stages:

Stage description- 1AM. couch and big screen TV on the range. one target somewhere in the dark, possibly eating the leftovers in my kitchen, or they found the beer fridge in the basement.
Start position- Me in my underwear, hammered drunk playing XBOX. firearm probably unloaded where ever i put down my shooting bag when i got home.
On start signal run around looking for a gun with ammo somewhat near it. load it and stumble though the house shooting at whatever is holding a beer or piece of meatloaf from last night.
Comstock. penalty for extra shots fired into beer or meatloaf. cant be wasting now.

Or.....

Stage description-Walmart, 2:30PM
Start position- Me completely distracted by the attractive woman walking in front of me. On start signal break concentration from looking at female, engage targets in whatever fashion makes you look like a badass to the attractive woman, hopefully getting you a date. And if you looked cool enough she might pay for dinner.
Virginia count-Gotta make yourself look good now.

and in both stages i should add i'm being beaten with a bat, chain, or flava flav style clock necklace

If every person who shoots at an action shoot did it to prepare for some "real world" scenario, everybody would f***ing james bond.

That would be cool though! All the cowboy action guys walking around with chaps and spurs, I'd be f***ing impressed.
how about....They do it cuz they have fun!!!! holy shit thats f***ing unheard of!!!

I'm going to have to go buy some 5.11 pants, Wiley X sunglasses and a fishing vest and never take them off!!!!!! just in case shit hits the fan i'll be ready because i prepared at a match were i pulled the trigger six times!!!
everybody knows skill comes from as little shooting as possible at pieces of carboard that don't shoot back.
how about we throw safety to the wind and just shoot at each other. thats real word!!!!

Who would want to shoot one target per stage? what a waste of gas to drive to the match! I wanna show up and shoot at least 100 rounds, running around blasting away. Because its FUN. no other reason than that. If you want to prep for some kind of personal protection, you can do it by yourself. You must be used to playing with yourself so have a blast.
And if i really had to protect myself I'd prefer my "star wars" gun. it holds 20 rounds, has a big 'ol front sight and a 10 ounce trigger. You're probably one of those "Double action first shot is safer" dopes. HEY!!! if your guns pointed at a bad guy who gives a f*** about safety?!?!? ready to go ka-f***ing-blam is what i say!

I'm gonna start carrying a STI 2011 just to spite you. moron

In closing. I like to have fun. this was fun for me. Now i'm going to make a drink, play some XBOX and prepare for some Taken scenario where meatloaf eating robbers come to take my dog to europe. god bless drum mags. god bless America

Happy new year y'all see you at this years matches

[rofl][laugh2][laugh]

Nice!

Welcome to NES. [smile]

Back
Top Bottom