Elcan Digital Hunter.

Admin

Staff Member
Administrator
NES Member
http://www.cstactical.com/Store/OPT...ter-Digital-Rifle-Scope-25-165x.html?vmcchk=1

534359.jpg

ELDH1-Elcan-Digital-Hunter-Digital-Rifle-Scope-Zoom.jpg

Elcan Digital Hunter Digital Rifle Scope 2.5-16.5x

The Digital Hunter is a fully digital sighting system that utilizes modern technology to enhance the enjoyment and safety of your hunting experience. It has no moving parts except for a diopter adjustment. All Magnification is accomplished electronically, and the aiming point does not change during magnification. It uses a Ballistically Corrected Reticle that automatically positions the scene so the shooter can hold dead-on at the estimated range to the target.

Scope Features:

Shot Activated Video/Photograph Capture
Video Output Port
LCD display with instant replay
USB Port for downloading customized reticles and ballistics data from your PC
Secure Digital (SD) Card slot for storing images and video (128 MB SD card included)
Integral Picatinny-style mount
Runs on 4 AA batteries (not included) with a run time up to 4 hours
Waterproof, fogproof and shockproof
Electronics covered by 1-year warranty
Technical Information

Features:

Instant replay - video or still photos may be reviewed on the LCD display immediately after they are captured.
Shot activated video/photo capture - a 5 second video sequence is captured and stored on a secure digital memory card activated by the shot. May be set to contain video that is all before the shot, before and after or all after. May also be set up to capture high, medium or low resolution still imagery in the same manner.
Exit pupil diameter is a constant size over all magnifications.
Video output port - enables others to see what the shooter sees in real time when the video is viewed on an external monitor.
USB port for downloading customized reticles and ballistics to the scope. May also upload captured images and video from the scope to a computer.
Secure digital card - port provides a means of storing images and video from the scope. Port is compatible with the "Secure Digital Memory Card" format. Also, all reticles and ballistics may be transferred via the Secure Digital Card, providing an alternative to the USB interface.
Power port provides an alternative power source to the scope's four AA batteries. Power port accepts a 12 V AC/DC power adapter or a number of aftermarket 12 V power packs. Scope automatically switches to internal battery power when an external power source is removed.
Ballistically corrected reticle - scope automatically positions the scene so the shooter can hold 'dead-on' at the estimated range to the target. The shooter inputs zero range, bullet data, rifle data into the ballistic software, then downloads it to the scope via the USB port. Before the shot, estimated range to target is input using the scope-mounted keypad. The scope then positions the scene (and crosshairs) so the shooter can position the crosshairs at the desired point of impact.
Scope can have four different reticles loaded at the same time.
Electronic zoom - there are no moving parts in the scope except for diopter adjustment, magnification is accomplished electronically, centered about the designated center pixel. Aim point does not change at all during magnification changes. Resolution does not change significantly from wide field of view to narrow field of view.

This would be fun to use coyote hunting.

that sounds great, ill be bringing one of these on my next hunt of a lifetime...

the rectical is battery powered? the whole thing is battey and electronic gizmo chip operated... that thing is a gimmick.

It wouldn't suprise me if the scope accesed NES better than it holds zero with a bb gun.

i feel less of a marksman just looking at that thing..

I wonder if my 7mag or slug gun could break it on the first shot?

where in china was that made LOL

Last edited:
just looked at the website.

HOLLY ???? thats thing isnt cheap, i would still rather buy a leupold...

im still not sold, i dont care who makes it or what book its in...

1 year warrenty, 4hour battery life............................................... id wait for them to fix that first.

from what i saw on there web sight, they have allot of nice things...

that scope is neat and im shure it works with further looking threw there web site, but its big, heavey, short run life... again from what i read without the use of an eternal battery pack its good for 4 hours in 70degree weather.. sounds like when i need to use it, it will be dead... i personally wouldnt want it on any of my hunting rifles then???... again thats my personal opinion of that one particular product they have. other things ive seen on there web site Look !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

just saying you don't have to defend there company...

can i get one with an ipod dock?

Did the designer of this sight do something personally to you or your family? It seems like an interesting niche item for those who want to document their shots - the four hour life isn't a huge deal for hunting if you're not running the battery continuously. I just find it interesting that you've devoted 5 posts to maligning this product.

I can remember when the first dot scopes arrived on the scene. Failures were common as these scopes weren't up to the wear and tear that recoil imposes on such devices. Obviously these problems have been solved. Elcan has opened a whole new can of worms. The complexity of this new sight is an accident waiting to happen. I wouldn't touch one until I was sure it would function reliably and last a good long time.

hell yea!!!! you do your homework there coming out and going down right there.... all yall do is sit back and wait em out.

Last edited:
Haha, I love how people are trashing the thing already based only on a couple of pictures and description. [rolleyes] Someone with $800+ laying around pick up one of these Bad Larry's and give us a range report! [laugh]

This looks like the scope from I-Sniper:

http://www.barrett.net/optics/bors

bors-hero.jpg

Add science to skill.

BORS (Barrett Optical Ranging System) is an integrated electronic ballistic computer that mounts directly on the riflescope and couples with the elevation knob. In other words, it’s like having an army of ballisticians behind every shot. By taking care of all the science, BORS frees the user to focus on the thrill of putting lead on target.

The computer BORS is put into action by simply turning the elevation knob until the LCD displays the target’s range. Three internal sensors automatically calculate the ballistic solution. BORS compensates for temperature, changes in barometric pressure and aiming on an upward or downward angle. BORS even determines if the rifle is canted. In fact, the only thing this portable mastermind can’t do is pull the trigger.

The BORS kit includes the Barrett Ballistic PC Software and a BORS data cable that allows the user to program custom loads on their personal computer and transfer them directly to their BORS.

that's something i could see myself spending money i dont have on LOL....

a real telescope and a computer gizmo!

but really, that's nice

The BORS is made for hitting humans at 2000 yards, not for hitting deer at 75 yards like you do.

You can't hit a deer 75 yards away with your pick-up! And you don't need a scope either. I can't believe you guys haven't figured out why he hates optics so much. Ever try to drive looking through a scope? I'm sure it ain't easy. Only optics he needs is a new windshield on his '76 Chevy 1/2 ton.

Does your microwave still have a rotary knob to set the cook time? Does your tv have bunny ears? This is 2010. Electronics are the future, get with the program. Turn off you Apple 2, go out and hit a Best Buy.

Last edited:
The BORS is made for hitting humans at 2000 yards, not for hitting deer at 75 yards like you do.

NO, that is what a bullet is for.

You can't hit a deer 75 yards away with your pick-up! And you don't need a scope either. I can't believe you guys haven't figured out why he hates optics so much. Ever try to drive looking through a scope? I'm sure it ain't easy. Only optics he needs is a new windshield on his '76 Chevy 1/2 ton.

Does your microwave still have a rotary knob to set the cook time? Does your tv have bunny ears? This is 2010. Electronics are the future, get with the program. Turn off you Apple 2, go out and hit a Best Buy.

LOL, i don't hate optics. i have the clearest windshild money can buy!! yes im just jokeing in case anyone wants to belive that, but also feel free to top kenny LOL

Its a 1 ton chevy and please try not insulting the truck. She has feelings. thank you

microwave???

tv's don't tend to last long around here, they seem to get run over durring animal planet.

Haha, I love how people are trashing the thing already based only on a couple of pictures and description. [rolleyes] Someone with $800+ laying around pick up one of these Bad Larry's and give us a range report! [laugh]

umm i did read through a couple detailed reviews on it..... none have been posted easy to find google it..

anyway in each review it said it great to view impact shots, that was only the real ++ it has going for it with the addition on handicap options being great...

not great for competitive shooting.

be careful with batteries... they don’t last long if left on..

the scopes clarity is lacking etc...

the night vision option illegal for deer but sure cool for yote or something right, price for that option not cool not worth it..

did i miss anything,

its not for me.

Seriously, did this scope run off with your wife? Or maybe your truck?

You've got 80 posts and 10% of them are posts bashing one scope.

Seriously, did this scope run off with your wife? Or maybe your truck?

You've got 80 posts and 10% of them are posts bashing one scope.

It seems more like he doesn't care for electronic scopes, and that seems like a reasonable position to take. I may or may not agree with him, but it is not in any way a troll (as in the verb, not the noun) to disagree with a point of view.

Back
Top Bottom